Discussions

Insight (OBIEE) Tips | Managing Unique Totals

Otilia Antipa-Oracle
Otilia Antipa-Oracle Product ManagerPosts: 106 Employee
edited Aug 17, 2022 7:59PM in Eloqua
Managing Unique Totals

You may have noticed that there is a difference in how unique totals are aggregated when it comes to reports like Email Frequency by Month.

In other words Classic Insight will aggregate a sum of all contacts who received 1 email. (New) Insight will aggregate unique totals of contacts who received 1 email.

Here's an example:

Below is the Email Frequency by Month report from the same instance using both Classic and (new) Insight. You can see how Insight reports a total of 6 contacts who received only 1 email vs 7 in Classic Insight.

This is because one of those contacts received only 1 email in 2 months and thus the unique (or pure) total is 6.

pastedImage_0png
pastedImage_2png

Managing Aggregation of Totals:

You can easily change the way columns and totals are aggregated by taking the following steps.

1. Within the Analysis Editor select the gear icon on the column you’re working with

pastedImage_3png

2. Select Edit Formula

3. Change the Aggregation Rule to Sum

pastedImage_8png

You can now see the Email Frequency Report shows a total of  7 contacts as receiving 1 email (as it did in Classic Insight).

pastedImage_9png

Post edited by Otilia Antipa-Oracle on

Comments

• Nareman Abdelkader
    Nareman Abdelkader Posts: 4 Green Ribbon
    edited Sep 19, 2018 10:52AM

@JodyMooney-Oracle  @Otilia Antipa-Oracle@"" data-renderedposition="

This is helpful. Thank you for posting this. However, how would one change the calculations for the unique rates (i.e. Unique Open Rate, Unique Clickthrough Rate) so that the formula equals: Total Unique Open or Unique Clickthroughs divided by Total Delivered and multiply by 100 to get the percentage? I've tried creating workarounds in Insight so that the aggregates for each Eloqua campaign is not de-duplicated but the grand totals for these unique rates would still always appear significantly lower than it should.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • @JodyMooney-Oracle  @Otilia Antipa-Oracle@"" data-renderedposition="

This is helpful. Thank you for posting this. However, how would one change the calculations for the unique rates (i.e. Unique Open Rate, Unique Clickthrough Rate) so that the formula equals: Total Unique Open or Unique Clickthroughs divided by Total Delivered and multiply by 100 to get the percentage? I've tried creating workarounds in Insight so that the aggregates for each Eloqua campaign is not de-duplicated but the grand totals for these unique rates would still always appear significantly lower than it should.

We are experiencing the same issue. I'm interested to hear if they have a solution.

• User_NFDN1
    User_NFDN1 Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

We are experiencing the same issue. I'm interested to hear if they have a solution.

I'm having the same issue...did anyone figure out how to change the calculations for the unique rates?

• We are experiencing the same issue. I'm interested to hear if they have a solution.

The grand total of the unique rates cannot be customized. We have posted a possible solution if you want to modify this calculation:

• Awesome solution to get the total number of unique metrics (irrespective of the aggregated unique for the entire report).

Just adding one more point - this feature is Eloqua default and cannot be changed for standard reports (Ref: ). Hence, if you need the same report with customized total unique metrics - I would suggest to clone the report and just modify only the total calculating formula which will give us the exact metrics as expected with updated total unique metrics details. Thank you..!

• Awesome solution to get the total number of unique metrics (irrespective of the aggregated unique for the entire report).

Just adding one more point - this feature is Eloqua default and cannot be changed for standard reports (Ref: ). Hence, if you need the same report with customized total unique metrics - I would suggest to clone the report and just modify only the total calculating formula which will give us the exact metrics as expected with updated total unique metrics details. Thank you..!

Hi, As Otilia shows in this post, grand totals can only be modified on a per column basis or by create a custom column per this post - https://community.oracle.com/docs/DOC-1029665 But yes, you are correct that you must have an analyzer license and customize the original report.