Discussions

Eloqua Product Update: New Salesforce Integration App is Here

JodyMooney-Oracle
JodyMooney-Oracle Product Management, EloquaPosts: 372 Employee
edited Apr 29, 2022 6:27AM in Eloqua

Make way for the new Salesforce Integration App – sharing data with Eloqua is better than ever

The new Salesforce Integration app is now generally available!

Salesforce Image Topliners.png

With the new Salesforce Integration app, you can share data between Salesforce and Eloqua with the best-in-class SFDC CRM Integration that will replace and outperform the existing integration in terms of speed to lead, scalability, reliability, user experience, and functionality. Using the new Salesforce Integration app, you will be using the best version for its performance, scale, and ease of use.

New Salesforce Integration App unites sales and marketing teams to drive revenue through the sharing of data

•     Faster, both outbound (lead creation) and inbound (imports)
  •     Simplified user interface, easing setup and maintenance
  •     Better reporting options/error handling

TIMELINES

• As of March 20, 2019, the Salesforce Integration App is now generally available! 

RESOURCES

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

QuestionsResponses
What is the status of an app-based integration with SFDC?
A new Salesforce Integration App is now generally available. The Controlled Availability Program has come to an end. No action is required from Controlled Availability Program participants.

What are the differences between native integration and the new integration?

The new integration offers the following key benefits:

• Faster outbound and inbound data flow
  • Easier to configure and use
  • Supports multiple connections
Where can I access the new SFDC Integration App?Please visit the Cloud Marketplace: https://cloudmarketplace.oracle.com/marketplace/app/AppSalesforce
Does the new integration leverage Oracle Integration Cloud Service (ICS)?No
Does the App require the use of SFDC 18-char ID?Yes, we do require the use of the 18 character IDs. If the app is installed on an instance that is using 15 character IDs, it will not work properly.
What is a process for switching from 15 ID to 18 ID?

There is a checkbox on every external call (and within auto-sync settings) to use 15 or 18 character IDs.  This must be changed to 18 characters.  If data is being from SFDC into Eloqua custom objects or Eloqua's opportunity object, switching to 18 character IDs may be a bit more laborious.  For custom object imports, the worst case is to delete all data from the custom object, change the auto-sync to use 18 character IDs, then re-sync all data into the custom object. Eloqua's opportunity object must be updated by the Oracle Ops Team.

Salesforce FAQ Image.png

How is Lead conversion handled in imports?Converted leads can be imported by using a filter
What are the minimum SFDC OAuth Scopes required?

At the very least  the following 3 scopes are required:

1. Access and manage your data (API)
  2. Full access (full)
  3. Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
We are having trouble creating a Connection in Eloqua Production for the SFDC Integration App. It won’t allow me to save the connection.
Please get the ID fields been mapped (just below the connected app details)
Does the App support multiple SFDC instances?The app will support syncing data to any SFDC instance, as well as multiple instances simultaneously.
Does the app support SFDC Custom objects?The integration allows any object in SFDC to be imported to Eloqua Accounts, Contacts, Custom Objects, and Campaigns.
When I try to configure the app, some SFDC fields are missing. What can I do?Please verify the permissions of the SFDC account used to authenticate the App. If this account has read-only access to specific SFDC objects and their fields, these fields will not be visible to the App.
Do I need to refresh the App to get the latest SFDC updates?No, the app updates automatically. You do not need to refresh it.
I do not see configured Action in any Canvas. What can I do?Please check if your configured Action is enabled. Disabled Actions will not be displayed in any canvas.
How does the App compare with the Native integration?

a. All SFDC objects supported, bidirectionally

b. All Eloqua objects supported with the exception of Accounts in Actions

c. Closed-Loop Reporting is supported

d. Configurable Import Frequency - min every 15 minutes

e. Actions used in a Canvas

f. Nomenclature changes:

SFDC AppNative Integration
ImportsAuto-syncs
ActionsInternal Events/External Calls
How do I transition from the Native Integration to the new App? Once the App is installed and the connection to Salesforce is configured, you need to add new Imports and Actions in the App that follow the same object and field mapping rules as defined in existing Native Integration Assets. In addition, you need to add any applicable Actions to a Campaign or Program Canvas.
We use an internal SSO (Single Sign-On) service to login into Salesforce, and we run into the HTTP/302 error while trying to authenticate the SFDC App. What can we do to resolve it?You will need to specify the configuration details of your SSO service in the “Web App Setting” section of the SFDC Connected App. Please contact your SFDC Admin for further help.

Can the Jordo's playbook be applied to the new App?

The Jordo's playbook: https://community.oracle.com/community/topliners/do-it/blog/2011/05/03/jordos-play-book-changing-email-in-crm

No, the Jordo's playbook is applicable only in SFDC Native Integration. The "Email Address Change" workflow is on the Roadmap.
If I re-install or update the App, will I lose configured assets?When you update the App, all existing configurations will be preserved. If you re-install the App, you will need to configure the App from scratch.
When I configure an import, for each field I would like to specify if it should be updated if the new value is not blank. This option is available in SFDC Native Integration, however, it is not in the new App. Was it overlooked?The SFDC App is designed to follow field configuration rules as defined in the core Eloqua, where the default setting is set to “Update if new value is not blank”. Users can modify this setting as needed.

Group Product Manager, CX - Marketing: Eloqua

Post edited by OIT Integration User on

Comments

• Toni Gonzalez
    Toni Gonzalez Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon

I am starting to use the App and in Marketing Activities, I have a problem, especially in Website visits and Pages view, I cannot filter the information I want to send to SalesForce and the connector returns an error _SFDC_Max_Batch_Size_Exceeded.

400,000 record to Webvisit and 1,000,000 for Page visits.

Any idea?

Many thanks.

• Nathan Nemirovski-Oracle
    Nathan Nemirovski-Oracle Product Manager Posts: 59 Employee

I am starting to use the App and in Marketing Activities, I have a problem, especially in Website visits and Pages view, I cannot filter the information I want to send to SalesForce and the connector returns an error _SFDC_Max_Batch_Size_Exceeded.

400,000 record to Webvisit and 1,000,000 for Page visits.

Any idea?

Many thanks.

Hi Tony,

This is a temporary threshold related to marketing activities. It is planned to be removed in the 20A release in Feb 2020.  Could you please reach out to me ([email protected]), so we could try to find a temp workaround for you?

Thank you,

Nathan

• Mike_Daniel
    Mike_Daniel Posts: 18 Red Ribbon

We're just getting started with the SFDC integration App, having recently transitioned from Oracle Sales Cloud to SFDC. So far, things have been working fairly well. However, over the past few days, we have noticed a marked slow down in the cadence of the 3-4 Imports that we have active in our App. In some cases, several hours go by between imports, far in excess of the 15-minute period stated in documentation and in the app.

Has anyone else experienced these slowdowns? They are causing some "false failures" in time-sensitive decisions rules in some related Program Canvases simply because the data is not returned from SFDC, even after 60+ minutes in some cases.

I've opened a ticket with Support some days ago and have provided ample screenshots showing the significant lags between IMports executing, but thus far, have not received any sort of solution. To offset the issue, I've resorted to manually running any "stalled" imports every hour or so to keep things flowing, but this is far from the "automoated" solution we thought we were getting.

Any ideas?

• JodyMooney-Oracle
    JodyMooney-Oracle Product Management, Eloqua Posts: 372 Employee

We're just getting started with the SFDC integration App, having recently transitioned from Oracle Sales Cloud to SFDC. So far, things have been working fairly well. However, over the past few days, we have noticed a marked slow down in the cadence of the 3-4 Imports that we have active in our App. In some cases, several hours go by between imports, far in excess of the 15-minute period stated in documentation and in the app.

Has anyone else experienced these slowdowns? They are causing some "false failures" in time-sensitive decisions rules in some related Program Canvases simply because the data is not returned from SFDC, even after 60+ minutes in some cases.

I've opened a ticket with Support some days ago and have provided ample screenshots showing the significant lags between IMports executing, but thus far, have not received any sort of solution. To offset the issue, I've resorted to manually running any "stalled" imports every hour or so to keep things flowing, but this is far from the "automoated" solution we thought we were getting.

Any ideas?

Hi Mike,

Can you pass along the SR number?  (adding Nathan on our product team for visibility -@3811170)

Jody

• Mike_Daniel

Hi Mike,

Can you pass along the SR number?  (adding Nathan on our product team for visibility -@3811170)

Jody

@JodyMooney-Oracle,

Sure thing! SR # is 3-21429987351. Still seeing lags, though often not as severe. Just need to fully understand the sequencing and how long we can reasonably expect between imports; can adjust workflows accordingly.

Much appreciated!
    MD

• JodyMooney-Oracle
    JodyMooney-Oracle Product Management, Eloqua Posts: 372 Employee

@JodyMooney-Oracle,

Sure thing! SR # is 3-21429987351. Still seeing lags, though often not as severe. Just need to fully understand the sequencing and how long we can reasonably expect between imports; can adjust workflows accordingly.

Much appreciated!
    MD

Thanks Mike!

• Mike_Daniel

Thanks Mike!

@JodyMooney-Oracle looks like the situation has been resolved.Support advised that there was an issue with the scheduler process on Pod 1 that was causing gaps between imports. In reviewing the Import Reports today, I can see everything firing every 15 minutes as intended. All good. Thanks for the help!
    MD

• stephaniepence
    stephaniepence Posts: 12 Bronze Medal

Is there any plans to help with the import filter criteria configuration?

Also - I have a support ticket open, but trying to understand how to send over a marketing activity for form submits like we were able to do previously. I'm in the process now of migrating integrations for a client and this is a requirement.

Thanks!

• User_R8V2G
    User_R8V2G Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Is there a document in comparing the current SFDC App to the Native Integration functionality? Also, what other features are planned for the 20A release?

Thanks!

Is there a document in comparing the current SFDC App to the Native Integration functionality? Also, what other features are planned for the 20A release?

Thanks!

Hello,

1. The SFDC App is designed to replace the Native Integration. Please let me know if you have related questions

2. The 20A release will include UX and scalability improvements related to Marketing Activities in the App.

Thank you,

Nathan

• jdebrincat
    jdebrincat Posts: 12 Silver Medal

If you havent installed the SFDC Integration App, I would be wary. We seem to have weekly issues with it going down completely or presenting us with serious lag times. If you do have it, I wouldn't decommission your old syncs yet. I keep them orphaned on my sync canvas so that I can reroute leads through it when it goes down.

Hi John,

Could you please reach out to me directly, so we could better understand the issues you experience?

Thank you,

Nathan

[email protected]

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 60 Gold Medal
    edited Jan 13, 2020 4:39PM

Hello,

1. The SFDC App is designed to replace the Native Integration. Please let me know if you have related questions

2. The 20A release will include UX and scalability improvements related to Marketing Activities in the App.

Thank you,

Nathan

Hi @Nathan Nemirovski-Oracle,
    By when do you expect the app to reach feature parity with the native integration?

And how will you address the persistent instability of the apps (especially on pod 3) to ensure frictionless app integration?

Thanks.

• stephaniepence
    stephaniepence Posts: 12 Bronze Medal

Hi John,

Could you please reach out to me directly, so we could better understand the issues you experience?

Thank you,

Nathan

[email protected]

Hi I'm having issues getting my campaign response action to fire. We went live yesterday with the new integration app and have noticed that all of our campaign responses are stuck in a pending status. Is there any additional documentation around this particular action? The documentation site doesn't show how it needs to be configured or how to troubleshoot it when it's stuck in pending.

Hi I'm having issues getting my campaign response action to fire. We went live yesterday with the new integration app and have noticed that all of our campaign responses are stuck in a pending status. Is there any additional documentation around this particular action? The documentation site doesn't show how it needs to be configured or how to troubleshoot it when it's stuck in pending.

@stephaniepence could you please contact me directly, so I could help you? Thank you.

• User_8FJM5
    User_8FJM5 Posts: 1 Red Ribbon

If you havent installed the SFDC Integration App, I would be wary. We seem to have weekly issues with it going down completely or presenting us with serious lag times. If you do have it, I wouldn't decommission your old syncs yet. I keep them orphaned on my sync canvas so that I can reroute leads through it when it goes down.

@jdebrincat

Almost 2 months after your post, have you had a better experience with the SFDC Integration App? I would love to know if support has been responsive to your concerns and addressing them as well.

Thanks,

-shawn

• Dave Zeltser
    Dave Zeltser Posts: 34 Bronze Medal
    edited Feb 7, 2020 12:45PM

One of the major deficiencies I see with the app is a total disregard for security or granular control.

Any user with access to the campaign canvas can access and modify ANY object in SFDC like jamming through a massive list of leads or performing a mass update to CRM. There are about a thousand nightmare scenarios that come to mind with allowing end users the abiltity to directly update the CRM.

From a Marketing Ops perspective this is a major security risk that we are not willing to take until these features are able to be locked down in the same way that the native integration allows for us to lock all users except for customer admins out of.

What are plans for introducing security to the SFDC integration app? I think this should be a significant consideration for any admins considering installing the new app.

Post edited by Unknown User on

One of the major deficiencies I see with the app is a total disregard for security or granular control.

Any user with access to the campaign canvas can access and modify ANY object in SFDC like jamming through a massive list of leads or performing a mass update to CRM. There are about a thousand nightmare scenarios that come to mind with allowing end users the abiltity to directly update the CRM.

From a Marketing Ops perspective this is a major security risk that we are not willing to take until these features are able to be locked down in the same way that the native integration allows for us to lock all users except for customer admins out of.

What are plans for introducing security to the SFDC integration app? I think this should be a significant consideration for any admins considering installing the new app.

Hello Dave,

I appreciate the concerns. Could you please reach out to me directly, so I could learn the details about these nightmare scenarios?

Thank you,

Nathan

[email protected]

• jdebrincat

@jdebrincat

Almost 2 months after your post, have you had a better experience with the SFDC Integration App? I would love to know if support has been responsive to your concerns and addressing them as well.

Thanks,

-shawn

Hi Shawn. The last 2 weeks have been stable for us, which is great. But when it has been down, it takes hours or even up to two days to resolve. Luckily, we can bypass the new syncs by pointing back to the old ones, so down-time is minimal.

• Mukesh Satija
    Mukesh Satija Posts: 7 Red Ribbon

Hello Oracle Team,

Is this app stable now? can we considering implementing the same?

Thanks,

Mukesh

• jdebrincat

Hello Oracle Team,

Is this app stable now? can we considering implementing the same?

Thanks,

Mukesh

It has been good for about 3 weeks now, but just went down again. I have leads stuck in sync for 1 hour + at this point.

• kpindle
    kpindle Posts: 34 Bronze Medal

Is there a way to control which Eloqua users can add the Salesforce Integration App to a campaign or program canvas?

• kpindle
    kpindle Posts: 34 Bronze Medal

Same concerns here.

Is there a way to control which Eloqua users can add the Salesforce Integration App to a campaign or program canvas?

Hi Karin,

Currently, there are no related controls. Could you please contact me, so I could confirm with you related use cases?

Thank you,

Nathan

[email protected]

• John Alexander
    John Alexander Posts: 14 Gold Medal

Hi, for the lead creation action, is it possible to configure the app to Send Email notification to the Salesforce lead owner?

I've previously done this with the old integration method.

Hi, for the lead creation action, is it possible to configure the app to Send Email notification to the Salesforce lead owner?

I've previously done this with the old integration method.

Hi John,

You need to setup email notification to the lead owner on the Salesforce side.

Thank you,

Nathan

• ychappell
    ychappell Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon

We've been using the native salesforce app for years and everything is working ok and I know all technical details about it. However, I'm just starting the migration process and i'm facing a basic issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just setup the new salesforce app in our Eloqua sandbox environment. The connection is working ok. I created a test action to Create Leads and used one contact as a test. The lead was created in salesforce with all information I defined but the SFDC LeadID in the Eloqua contact record wasn't updated. The 3 default mappings are set in the connection and the field SFDC LeadID is set in the action settings for the Eloqua Contact.

I'm not sure what I am missing since I just started following the documentation and I'm getting used to the new terminology and process.

Thank you in advance!

• ychappell

We've been using the native salesforce app for years and everything is working ok and I know all technical details about it. However, I'm just starting the migration process and i'm facing a basic issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just setup the new salesforce app in our Eloqua sandbox environment. The connection is working ok. I created a test action to Create Leads and used one contact as a test. The lead was created in salesforce with all information I defined but the SFDC LeadID in the Eloqua contact record wasn't updated. The 3 default mappings are set in the connection and the field SFDC LeadID is set in the action settings for the Eloqua Contact.

I'm not sure what I am missing since I just started following the documentation and I'm getting used to the new terminology and process.

Thank you in advance!

The Test Configuration option doesn't complete the id update. Of course I missed reading the tiny note included there "...Please note that only the mapped values of Eloqua Contact fields will be passed to Salesforce.com and no data will be synced back to Eloqua." Per support, I need to setup a small program just to be sure the id update actually works.

1 - Create a contact program canvas

2 - Add a segment with your test contact records

3 - Add the cloud step to create the lead and connect the steps

4 - Active the program. You can create a wait step at the end in case you want to reflow the records for testing purposes.

• jdebrincat

The Test Configuration option doesn't complete the id update. Of course I missed reading the tiny note included there "...Please note that only the mapped values of Eloqua Contact fields will be passed to Salesforce.com and no data will be synced back to Eloqua." Per support, I need to setup a small program just to be sure the id update actually works.

1 - Create a contact program canvas

2 - Add a segment with your test contact records

3 - Add the cloud step to create the lead and connect the steps

4 - Active the program. You can create a wait step at the end in case you want to reflow the records for testing purposes.

We still have issues with this in production and have an open ticket for this issue (leadID not updating). I now have a looping decision step that looks for leadID before it will pass to the associate campaign step to try and circumvent the issue of having leads without campaigns. This still causes issues because reps are converting some leads before the association occurs.

• ychappell

We still have issues with this in production and have an open ticket for this issue (leadID not updating). I now have a looping decision step that looks for leadID before it will pass to the associate campaign step to try and circumvent the issue of having leads without campaigns. This still causes issues because reps are converting some leads before the association occurs.

I just tested the lead creation with this very simple program canvas and it worked. It updated the SFDC LeadID in Eloqua after creating the lead in Salesforce. I still need to fully re-create our main program builder that creates leads to verify we can do everything we are doing right now within program builder in the new program canvas and the new salesforce app.