Discussions

Oracle Responsys Update Resource Center

Amanda Onate-Oracle
Amanda Onate-Oracle Principal Product Manager, Oracle ResponsysPosts: 337 Employee
edited May 2, 2022 2:29PM in Responsys

Welcome to the Release Center for Oracle Responsys. Here you will find information about recent and upcoming releases for Responsys. Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.

Upcoming Oracle Responsys Updates

All dates are subject to change.

(All Responsys updates are conducted without disruption to service, meaning no downtime)

21D Update

PODPlanned Dates
i2October 6-10, 2021
i5September 29-October 3, 2021
i8October 6-10, 2021
i9September 22-26, 2021
All OCI PodsSeptember 20-21, 2021

For more information about CX Audience, please join the CX Audience Insiders.

Learn about new features and changes in recent updates of Oracle Responsys at the Release Readiness site here: https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/tutorial/cloud/responsys/responsys-nfs.htm 

Feature Availability Programs

Learn about additional features and functionality that are available upon request for Oracle Responsys.

Oracle Responsys Feature Availability Listing

Post edited by Wilson Zhu-Oracle on

Comments

• KlausBJ
    KlausBJ Posts: 10
    edited Aug 30, 2016 6:55AM

Hi Oracle

Do you expect the 6.30 and 6.31 releases will require downtime with a schedule and time frame more or less the same as for 6.29?

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Amanda Onate-Oracle
    Amanda Onate-Oracle Principal Product Manager, Oracle Responsys Posts: 337 Employee

Hi Oracle

Do you expect the 6.30 and 6.31 releases will require downtime with a schedule and time frame more or less the same as for 6.29?

Hi Klaus,

The 6.30 release will be a rolling upgrade, meaning we don't anticipate any downtime. The 6.31 release will require downtime. The pods will be down for a period of time similar to the way it worked for the 6.29 release.

- Amanda

• Hi Klaus,

The 6.30 release will be a rolling upgrade, meaning we don't anticipate any downtime. The 6.31 release will require downtime. The pods will be down for a period of time similar to the way it worked for the 6.29 release.

- Amanda

Hi Amandae

Thanks a lot. This helps my planning.

• Hi Klaus,

- Amanda

Hi Amanda

I just received a mail about maintenance downtime. Where can I follow scheduling of maintenance? I thought there was no more downtime this year ...

----

Maintenance Details

For details regarding potential impacts to your environment during the upcoming maintenance, go here.

Start Time:

Saturday, September 24, 2016 , 22:00 UTC

Estimated End Time:

Sunday, September 25, 2016, 08:00 UTC

Environment: Interact 5

Service: Responsys

----

• Adrian Chang-Oracle
    Adrian Chang-Oracle Posts: 86 Green Ribbon

Hi Amanda

I just received a mail about maintenance downtime. Where can I follow scheduling of maintenance? I thought there was no more downtime this year ...

----

Maintenance Details

For details regarding potential impacts to your environment during the upcoming maintenance, go here.

Start Time:

Saturday, September 24, 2016 , 22:00 UTC

Estimated End Time:

Sunday, September 25, 2016, 08:00 UTC

Environment: Interact 5

Service: Responsys

----

Hi @KlausBJ - ... you can follow the blog here.This video will ensure you're in a position to follow the content.

Cheers!

Adrian

• Hi @KlausBJ - ... you can follow the blog here.This video will ensure you're in a position to follow the content.

Cheers!

Adrian

Thanks, Adrian. I got that. Seems that I did not follow on email and that's why I did not receive the notification. Still, I think it's very short notice with downtime, since it's posted on 16/9, and the downtime is 24/9. Is that the normal notification window?

It seems though that it's not possible to comment here:

https://community.oracle.com/community/topliners/responsys-interact-5-system-status/blog/2016/09/16/scheduled-maintenanc

Is that true?

• Amanda Onate-Oracle
    Amanda Onate-Oracle Principal Product Manager, Oracle Responsys Posts: 337 Employee

Thanks, Adrian. I got that. Seems that I did not follow on email and that's why I did not receive the notification. Still, I think it's very short notice with downtime, since it's posted on 16/9, and the downtime is 24/9. Is that the normal notification window?

It seems though that it's not possible to comment here:

https://community.oracle.com/community/topliners/responsys-interact-5-system-status/blog/2016/09/16/scheduled-maintenanc

Is that true?

Hi Klaus,

There is a plan to begin adding the scheduled downtime dates to Responsys Insiders. We will be launching the page within the week. However, please note that the September 24th downtime is the last scheduled downtime for 2016. Dates for 2017 will not be available for a few months.

It does appear that commenting has not been enabled on the System Status blog. We'll look into this and will attempt to enable.

Best,
    Amanda

• Hi team,

Do you know when we should expect to receive release notes / information for the 6.31 release?

Clients need as much time as possible to understand and manage changes and we only have 11 days before the release.

Thanks,

James.

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Hi team,

Do you know when we should expect to receive release notes / information for the 6.31 release?

Clients need as much time as possible to understand and manage changes and we only have 11 days before the release.

Thanks,

James.

Hi James,

Release notes will be published on Friday, February 10th.

Thanks,

Amanda

• IngoES
    IngoES Posts: 43 Blue Ribbon

Hi James,

Release notes will be published on Friday, February 10th.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi,

it's Feb 15th, but the release notes have not been published yet, or at least I can't find them anywhere?

Best, Ingo

• Hello,

What time is the downtime scheduled for on the 25th?

Are clicks / opens / landing pages impacted during the downtime?

Thank you,

Shane

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Hi,

it's Feb 15th, but the release notes have not been published yet, or at least I can't find them anywhere?

Best, Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Due to the release being pushed out until February 25th, the Release New (What's New doc) has also been delayed until February 24th. We'll post it to Topliners as soon as it goes live on the 24th.

In the meantime, we have some resources that may assist with introducing you to the features in the upcoming release:

Thanks for your patience.

Best,
    Amanda

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Hello,

What time is the downtime scheduled for on the 25th?

Are clicks / opens / landing pages impacted during the downtime?

Thank you,

Shane

Hi Shane,

Downtime on the Feb 25th for I2 and March 11 for I5 are both scheduled to occur from 5pm to 11pm Pacific Time.

Clicks and opens will be queued up and will appear in reporting following downtime.

Landing pages will be affected during downtime in that they will be in accessible during this period of time.

Thanks,

Amanda

• dorinec
    dorinec Posts: 8 Blue Ribbon

Hi Shane,

Downtime on the Feb 25th for I2 and March 11 for I5 are both scheduled to occur from 5pm to 11pm Pacific Time.

Clicks and opens will be queued up and will appear in reporting following downtime.

Landing pages will be affected during downtime in that they will be in accessible during this period of time.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi,

Will this affect API calls?

Thanks,

Dorine

• Hi Shane,

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda!

One more question for the clicks, will they be redirected properly to various non Responsys hosted pages?

• Ganesh Chilagani
    Ganesh Chilagani Posts: 168 Silver Medal
    edited Feb 15, 2017 11:41PM

Hi All,

I just wonder that Responsys stop showing the downtime alerts on the Interact Home Page? I can't see any announcements from past few releases with New UI

• Kara Sheil
    Kara Sheil Posts: 70 Blue Ribbon

From the campaign list view, it seems the link to view live stats has been removed and you have to click into the campaign and scroll to get to the link. Was this intentional or an oversight with the new design? The extra clicks add up over time. Overall, the changes are very nice though. Thanks!

• Hi again

Where do I find the exact downtime on Interact5 Saturday 11/3 - I think I saw somewhere it's from 02:00 to 09:00 CET (Denmark). Can you confirm or lead me to the page that states the downtime period? I thought I could find it here ...

• Adrian Chang-Oracle
    Adrian Chang-Oracle Posts: 86 Green Ribbon

@KlausBJ This should tell you what system status blog you should follow

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Thanks Amanda!

One more question for the clicks, will they be redirected properly to various non Responsys hosted pages?

Hi Shane,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, clicks should be directed appropriately to non-Responsys hosted pages during downtime. The reporting for these clicks will just be queued instead of showing up in reporting during the maintenance.

Thanks,
    Amanda

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Hi,

Will this affect API calls?

Thanks,

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

Apologies for the delay. Yes, during downtime, API calls will be affected as well.

Thanks,

Amanda

• Hi,

Can you confirm expected downtime in GMT for the Interact 5 6.31 release this weekend?

Thanks,

James.

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Hi,

Can you confirm expected downtime in GMT for the Interact 5 6.31 release this weekend?

Thanks,

James.

Hi James,

The customer email indicates that downtime will occur from 1:00am to 7:00am UTC on Sunday, March 12, 2017. Based on a time conversion calculator, it looks like it will be the same time in GMT, but you may want to confirm.

Thanks,

Amanda

• Hi James,

The customer email indicates that downtime will occur from 1:00am to 7:00am UTC on Sunday, March 12, 2017. Based on a time conversion calculator, it looks like it will be the same time in GMT, but you may want to confirm.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks Amanda, do you have an ETA on when we should expect info on the release that can be shared with clients for 6.33?

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Thanks Amanda, do you have an ETA on when we should expect info on the release that can be shared with clients for 6.33?

Hi James,

The What's New document (aka Release Notes) is always posted on the first day of  the release (or the Friday before if the release falls on a Saturday). So, in the case of 6.33, What's New will be posted to Topliners on 8/18. The Feature Availability Listing for 6.33 is planned for publishing next week. Customer webinar is scheduled for September 6. Training videos should be available within the next week or so.

Thanks,
    Amanda

• Hi all!

Quick question - what is the difference between the Interact 2 and Interact 5 environments?

Thanks!

• Kara Sheil

What are the release dates for 2018? Are they known yet? Thanks!

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

What are the release dates for 2018? Are they known yet? Thanks!

Hi Kara,

I've just posted the planned dates for the New Year to this page.

Thanks,

Amanda

• Kara Sheil

Hi Kara,

I've just posted the planned dates for the New Year to this page.

Thanks,

Amanda

Thanks! What is the approximate timing for the posting of what will be in the release? Want to make sure we stay on top of what's going on.

• Amanda Onate-Oracle

Thanks! What is the approximate timing for the posting of what will be in the release? Want to make sure we stay on top of what's going on.

The What's New document will be available on January 19th. Training videos are scheduled to become available around the same time.

Best,
    Amanda