Discussions

Tracking Email opens

Eloqua now detects email open through click activity or by tracking pixels in download images. if the contact has not downloaded the images or performed any click activity, is there any method to track email opens? Please guide.

Answers

• Sachin Jain-Oracle
    Sachin Jain-Oracle Mr Posts: 161 Employee

Hi User_LGER6,

Thank you for reaching out to the community forum with your question.

I have reviewed the question and at this time If a user does not load images when viewing the email, the tracking pixel cannot be loaded, and therefore the email open cannot be detected. In this case, Oracle Eloqua uses clickthroughs to "assume an email open" for email opens. This helps ensure that email opens are counted even if image loading is disabled in the email client.

For more details please follow this link:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/marketing/eloqua-user/Help/Emails/CalculatingEmailOpens.htm

If I answered your question, please click "yes" in the "Did this answer your question" section below.

If you would like to continue the discussion here, please feel free to post your comment or feedback.

Thanks

Sachin Jain

Community Manager

Stay Safe | Stay Healthy

Thanks, and Best Regards

Sachin Jain | CX Community Manager

• Hi,

I sincerely appreciate your response and thank you for it.

In the nurture campaign I'm working on, the user will advance to the YES path if they open the email; otherwise, they will move to the NO path. I am concerned for outlook users because if they read the email content instead of downloading the images but are still interested in our content, they will take NO PATH and be cut off from the journey.

Could you kindly offer Outlook users a solution? Please be aware that we do not want to choose the click-through condition in nurture campaign (as there are no links).

Thanks!

• Sachin Jain-Oracle
    Sachin Jain-Oracle Mr Posts: 161 Employee

Hi Anjuman

A better way to measure the success of your message is by tracking clicks and unique clicks, which are also displayed in your email report. Clicks serve as a more accurate indication of the effectiveness of your call to action.

Sending great content and hoping that a subscriber remembers you is not enough (although that helps). You need subscribers to take action immediately, and CTAs are the way to do that. So, as a best practice we should always have CTA in our emails and Lastly, don’t assume the reader only clicks on the CTA button. Curious people often try to click different elements in the email like the logo, headlines, and images. Consider adding the same link to those elements if you think it will help the reader.

Please feel free to submit an enhancement request regarding outlook email open tracking at: https://community.oracle.com/community/topliners/dream-it:

If you would like to continue the discussion here, please feel free to post your comment or feedback.

If I answered your question, please click "yes" in the "Did this answer your question" section below.

Thanks

Sachin Jain

Community Manager

Stay Safe | Stay Healthy

Thanks, and Best Regards

Sachin Jain | CX Community Manager