Discussions

Enhanced Dynamic Date Filtering

Kyle_Murphy
Kyle_Murphy Posts: 14 Red Ribbon
edited Jun 29, 2022 4:48PM in Dream It

We find ourselves needing more options than are currently available in Eloqua to dynamically identify contacts with CDO field dates. For example, if I wanted to send an email out exactly 30 days prior to an expiration date value in a CDO, I need to utilize "within the next 30 days" but "not within the next 29 days". Additionally, if I wanted to exclude anyone from that communication who had a different CDO record with an end date after 30 days from now, I am unable to do so.

A simple solution would be to allow more direct access to looking at "X" days.

Date field is exactly equal to "X" day ago. (Include NOT as option)

Date Field is within the next "X" days. (Include NOT as option)

Date Field is within the last "X" days. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically after "X" days in the past. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically after "X" days in the future. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically before "X" days in the past. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically before "X" days in the future. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically on or after "X" days in the past. (Include NOT as option)

Date field is dynamically on or after "X" days in the future. (Include NOT as option)

Post edited by Kyle_Murphy on
7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I have faced similar problems in the past. In most cases I was able to work around it by using the old program builder which has some more date functions available than canvas.

Workarounds I know:

Use the contact washing machine to write a calculated date to another field and then check the calculated field

Use the date decision app

Use program canvas date tools

Use update rules