Discussions

Mapping SFTP upload data to Address 1 target field

I have an internal contact ID that identifies our service reps. I need to map this to a contact through an auto SFTP upload. Since I will be using this field as a hidden merge on forms, i aim to map this data to Address 1.

Currently we do not use the "Address" fields.

When I am creating the new Custom Segment with SFTP upload I cannot map a field to "Address 1". As the sample file is ingested I only get a few available options such as email, first name etc.

How can i map to Address 1?

Best Answer

• User_XOIVG
    User_XOIVG Posts: 13
    Answer ✓

This kind of helps but i finally got a more elaborate answer from Eloqua. Posting it below in case this may help someone:

How to map custom fields:

- Create the CDO field of "Address 1" following these steps: Select your CDO >Custom Object Record Fields > Add new field. This way, it can be now listed in the Eloqua Data card field option in the Field mapping section.

- On the file you are using to upload the information, create the column "address1" so it can be listed on the source field column in the "field mapping section"

Then go ahead and create the CDO field of "Address 1" following these steps. Select your CDO >Custom Object Record Fields > Add new field. This way, it can be now listed in the Eloqua Data card field option in the Field mapping section.

New custom contact fields do not have a corresponding field merge created automatically. The field merge for these fields must be created manually.

To create a field merge, navigate to Assets > Components > Field Merge > click New.

Answers

• Owen Stone
    Owen Stone Posts: 5 Red Ribbon

You seem to be trying to import to a custom object, rather than to the Contact object, and that object doesn't have and Address 1 field. For Address 1 to be visible, either import the data directly into the Contact using the Data upload wizard, or create an Address 1 field on the Custom Object, and if needed, map it's value in to the contact on the Field Mapping screen on the custom object.

Hope that helps.