• 12,061 Comments

Discussions

GREEN / Email Batch Delay / All Customers Affected

Eloqua_Mike -Oracle
Eloqua_Mike -Oracle Posts: 30 Employee
edited Sep 25, 2012 4:34PM in Eloqua System Status

**Update**

16:33 EDT

The backlog of email batches has now cleared and email services are running at optimal speeds.

**Update**

15:18 EDT

The backlog of email batches has now decreased and email services are nearly running at optimal speeds.

We are currently experiencing a backlog of batch sends. The latency is approximately 30 minutes.

Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

Comments

• Mary Wallace
    Mary Wallace Posts: 17 Silver Badge

Thanks.  Please advise when this is resolved.  Also looking for an understanding of the cause for recent issues.

• pringer77
    pringer77 Posts: 7 Silver Trophy

What is going on, this is becoming a daily thing and it is really affecting our emails

• I certainly takes away and confidence that your emails will be sent as programmed. Having to double-check the deployment takes away from the whole reason to automate.

• Is this problem affecting the emails going out from the Campaign Canvas in E10? 

• @Paul Ringer: Tuesday is a very high traffic day for emails and we are working on increasing capacity to avoid this issue from occurring in the future.

@Kris Salazar: Yes this would include emails being sent via campaign canvas.

• Is this problem affecting the emails going out from the Campaign Canvas in E10? 

Hi Kris,

E9. Saving emails and the batch issue. When saving emails the application just runs and runs and never displays the completion of the save. When I check the email, it has saved, so no loss of work. The application is sluggish between tabs. This same issue was reported to me this morning by my European counterpart. He too experienced sluggishness earlier in his day, enough so to impact how much work he could get done.

Roger Early

Chemical Analysis Division

Madison, WI Office: 608-276-6115

Port Andrew, WI Office: 608-537-2283

www.thermoscientific.com<http://www.thermoscientific.com/&gt;

• Hi All,

Our apologies for the delays in outgoing email today.  We are seeing higher than normal email volume, which has caused a slight backlog.  We are expecting the backlog to be cleared by approximately 5:00pm Eastern.

- Unfortunately, all emails are impacted.

Brandon Grant

Sr. Director, Production Operations

• pringer77
    pringer77 Posts: 7 Silver Trophy

Appreciate that Tuesdays are busy, but this has been going on for over a week with issues with the emails not going out or slowness.  Can I ask what is being done to resolve this for the future, not just for today.  This is really getting to be a problem across all of my users.  I spend so much time promoting Eloqua as a good tool and then issues occur on a regular basis and destroy any goodwill I have created.

• Appreciate that Tuesdays are busy, but this has been going on for over a week with issues with the emails not going out or slowness.  Can I ask what is being done to resolve this for the future, not just for today.  This is really getting to be a problem across all of my users.  I spend so much time promoting Eloqua as a good tool and then issues occur on a regular basis and destroy any goodwill I have created.

Hi Paul,

We are currently in the process of implementing a new email-sending technology that will significantly improve our email throughput limitations.  I can't share timelines just quite yet, as we still have a few challenges remaining to work through.  I can assure you we are working to get this new technology implemented as quickly as possible, as we understand that email delays do negatively impact your business.  Thank you for your patience, and also for being a part of the Eloqua community!

Brandon Grant

Sr. Director, Production Operations

• pshilton
    pshilton Posts: 8 Silver Badge

Can we confirm that these delays are also not affecting other areas of Eloqua? I am noticing that the "Associate lead to campaign" steps in our integration programs are taking up to an hour to complete - The queue times and complete times have a significant gap.

I also noticed that contacts were leaving this step before the call had been successfully run, which caused issues with the following steps that were reliant on the campaign call.