Discussions

Copy & Paste Feature on Campaign Canvas

lbrenner
lbrenner Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
edited April 2017 in Dream It

After creating multiple complex campaigns with repeated steps, I wish you could just copy and paste in campaign canvas so you wouldn't have to manually re-create each step of your campaign. I know I'm not the only one that has wanted this...

@Kathleen Hoehn

Post edited by Unknown User on
22 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Also, I'd like to be able to copy from one canvas to another.  In other words, I want to be able to save the contents of a canvas as a template, rather than the entire campaign.  This is because my CRM creates the campaigns through a sync, so I can't use a campaign template - the campaign already exists.  I need to be able to use a "canvas template."

• Mike de Wildt
    Mike de Wildt Posts: 55 Silver Badge

Also, I'd like to be able to copy from one canvas to another.  In other words, I want to be able to save the contents of a canvas as a template, rather than the entire campaign.  This is because my CRM creates the campaigns through a sync, so I can't use a campaign template - the campaign already exists.  I need to be able to use a "canvas template."

This is probably quit complex to implement but I would definitely love a feature like that

great idea

• lbrenner

Hi @lbrenner & @kathleenholzem, we'll be shipping this feature in the 486 release, which is targeted for rollout from the end of February to the beginning of March depending on which pod your instance is on. Keep an eye out for the 486 release update with more details on this.

Cheers!

@Prasanna V - Oracle Eloqua-Oracle Thank you!!! This is awesome!

• Cheli
    Cheli Posts: 57 Gold Badge

Hi @lbrenner & @kathleenholzem, we'll be shipping this feature in the 486 release, which is targeted for rollout from the end of February to the beginning of March depending on which pod your instance is on. Keep an eye out for the 486 release update with more details on this.

Cheers!

@Prasanna V - Oracle Eloqua-Oracle - we just had the 486 release but I'm not seeing copy/paste ability (and I don't recall mention of it in the release notes either).

Is this a beta feature we need to request?  Or was this postponed?  If the latter, any idea when this might happen?  We were JUST talking about this today and I was excited to see this but then did my check on what release we just had. 

Crossing fingers for hte next one!

Thanks!
    Cheli

• Nick Dennis-Oracle
    Nick Dennis-Oracle Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon

@Prasanna V - Oracle Eloqua-Oracle - we just had the 486 release but I'm not seeing copy/paste ability (and I don't recall mention of it in the release notes either).

Is this a beta feature we need to request?  Or was this postponed?  If the latter, any idea when this might happen?  We were JUST talking about this today and I was excited to see this but then did my check on what release we just had. 

Thanks!
    Cheli

Hi Cheli, I believe this is in closed Controlled Availability- this means you will need to raise an SR via support and request it enabled for your instance.  Or wait until it's Generally available. but yeah, cool feature #timesaver

• @Prasanna V - Oracle Eloqua-Oracle - we just had the 486 release but I'm not seeing copy/paste ability (and I don't recall mention of it in the release notes either).

Thanks!
    Cheli

@Cheli We had to keep it in CA because it let users copy & paste cloud connector steps in 486. The feature will be switched on for all users with the 487 release.

• Nick Dennis-Oracle
    Nick Dennis-Oracle Posts: 10 Blue Ribbon

@Cheli We had to keep it in CA because it let users copy & paste cloud connector steps in 486. The feature will be switched on for all users with the 487 release.

Looking forward to that general release Prassana, big efficiency gains!

• This will be generally available to all customers with the 487 release!

e48387427648ea776d93a8fe358a3f03_meme-maker-copy-paste-copy-meme_430-327.jpeg

• Adrian Chang-Oracle
    Adrian Chang-Oracle Posts: 96 Green Ribbon

This means I get to assign a Visionary badge to @lbrenner !!!

• Carmaine Cotham
    Carmaine Cotham Posts: 23 Bronze Badge

This will be generally available to all customers with the 487 release!

When will Pod 3 get the 487 release updates? I tried to find a specific date in the Release Center but I just see April 4-23?

• lbrenner

This means I get to assign a Visionary badge to @lbrenner !!!

WOO HOO!!! Dreams have come true @Adrian Chang-Oracle!

3175108 Posts: 2

It seems it only works within the open/active canvas.

That is of course a nice improvement, but it would be more valuable to be able to copy from other campaign canvas'es.

I often have repetitive "subprocesses" that I have to build in each campaign canvas. It can be a check on whether they have just received an e-mail within the last days and should be paused, it can be a global consent/permission check, it can be other shared filter checks etc.

Same principle as working with Shared Content in the e-mail assets.

Easy importing or copy/pasting these steps would really be valuable! When will that be ready ???

3175108 Posts: 2

This will be generally available to all customers with the 487 release!

Hi Prasanna. You write "COPY-PASTE EVERYWHERE" in you post from yesterday. I guess EVERYWHERE means that you can copy/paste between different campaign canvas'es? How do I do that?

• It seems it only works within the open/active canvas.

That is of course a nice improvement, but it would be more valuable to be able to copy from other campaign canvas'es.

I often have repetitive "subprocesses" that I have to build in each campaign canvas. It can be a check on whether they have just received an e-mail within the last days and should be paused, it can be a global consent/permission check, it can be other shared filter checks etc.

Same principle as working with Shared Content in the e-mail assets.

Easy importing or copy/pasting these steps would really be valuable! When will that be ready ???

Hi 3175108! (sorry, I don't see name on your profile)

We this type of use cause might be best handled in a different way i.e. allow users to save a set of steps as a single reusable step available from the step palette. This is something that is on our roadmap. Stay tuned for more updates!

• Roshans
    Roshans Posts: 14 Green Ribbon

Hi 3175108! (sorry, I don't see name on your profile)

We this type of use cause might be best handled in a different way i.e. allow users to save a set of steps as a single reusable step available from the step palette. This is something that is on our roadmap. Stay tuned for more updates!

Hi Prasanna,

Just wanted an update on whether this feature (Copy entire canvas steps from one canvas to another) is live or if we are still working on it.

• kchuck20
    kchuck20 Posts: 2

Hi,

I've just started learning Eloqua and got to the copy and paste feature for Campaign Canvas steps. I see that you can right click and select copy then paste, but is there a shortcut to copy and paste without right clicking?

Thanks,

Chris

• Roshans
    Roshans Posts: 14 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I've just started learning Eloqua and got to the copy and paste feature for Campaign Canvas steps. I see that you can right click and select copy then paste, but is there a shortcut to copy and paste without right clicking?

Thanks,

Chris

Control C and Control V Works.