• 3,678,219 Users
  • 7,785 Discussions
  • 13,066 Comments

Discussions

Track Email Consumption by Device

2»

Comments

• @3304345 Niels,

We are actively working on this and hope to have this type of reporting in your hands within the next few releases.

Thanks,

Thamina

@Thamina Christensen-Oracle

Hello - will the upcoming reporting in Eloqua show the Mobile Open Rates?  If so, what is the approximate timetable on this to be part of the active reporting?  And, will this just be part of the standard Insight reports or is this something we would have to pay for?

This is something my manager really wants.  If not in Eloqua, what vendor would you recommend between ReturnPath, Litmus and Email on Acid?

Thank you for your thoughts!

• Hello - will the upcoming reporting in Eloqua show the Mobile Open Rates?  If so, what is the approximate timetable on this to be part of the active reporting?  And, will this just be part of the standard Insight reports or is this something we would have to pay for?

This is something my manager really wants.  If not in Eloqua, what vendor would you recommend between ReturnPath, Litmus and Email on Acid?

Thank you for your thoughts!

@tryan22 We will be including which device an email open came from in our Insight reports and an out of the box dashboard. I can't give exact timetable to Oracle safe harbor but I can say we are actively working on getting this into the product. Also this would not be an additional cost.

• barryrutter
    barryrutter Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

@tryan22 We will be including which device an email open came from in our Insight reports and an out of the box dashboard. I can't give exact timetable to Oracle safe harbor but I can say we are actively working on getting this into the product. Also this would not be an additional cost.

We use Litmus and its very good. But since Oracle removed access to the HTML window in Protected mode we've been unable to add the tracking code without hacking the Eloqua CSS to get that window available again. What we want is not a device report from Eloqua as other tools can give us that but we want the ability to turn off protected mode for a certain role to allow access to the HTML window to add the tracking scripts or the functionality to add the tracking code in the settings. Litmus like I imagine other analytics tools of this kind requires an individual code per email rather than a single code as you would get in say google analytics for web

• We use Litmus and its very good. But since Oracle removed access to the HTML window in Protected mode we've been unable to add the tracking code without hacking the Eloqua CSS to get that window available again. What we want is not a device report from Eloqua as other tools can give us that but we want the ability to turn off protected mode for a certain role to allow access to the HTML window to add the tracking scripts or the functionality to add the tracking code in the settings. Litmus like I imagine other analytics tools of this kind requires an individual code per email rather than a single code as you would get in say google analytics for web

What tools are you using other than Litmus?

• Craig Barnes
    Craig Barnes Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
    edited Aug 2, 2017 11:31AM

We use Litmus and its very good. But since Oracle removed access to the HTML window in Protected mode we've been unable to add the tracking code without hacking the Eloqua CSS to get that window available again. What we want is not a device report from Eloqua as other tools can give us that but we want the ability to turn off protected mode for a certain role to allow access to the HTML window to add the tracking scripts or the functionality to add the tracking code in the settings. Litmus like I imagine other analytics tools of this kind requires an individual code per email rather than a single code as you would get in say google analytics for web

Hi Barry,

As an alternative you can access the src code via the template manager. RE: individual code per email, I'd suggest creating a code per campaign type so you can see where subscribers open and identify key areas for optimization.

Thanks

Craig

• Matthew Phillip
    Matthew Phillip Posts: 22 Red Ribbon

Checking in on the status of this feature. It hasn't been updated since March of this year. Any updates?

• Checking in on the status of this feature. It hasn't been updated since March of this year. Any updates?

@Matthew Phillip In our 492 release notes, you'll see that device-specific attributes have been added to the Email Open subject area in Insight. A dashboard with this information is planned for the 493 (January) release.

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 78 Silver Badge

@Matthew Phillip In our 492 release notes, you'll see that device-specific attributes have been added to the Email Open subject area in Insight. A dashboard with this information is planned for the 493 (January) release.

@Thamina Christensen-Oracle, am unable to get any results for this on Pod 3. Any ideas?

obiee_device.jpg

• Matthew Phillip

@Thamina Christensen-Oracle, am unable to get any results for this on Pod 3. Any ideas?

obiee_device.jpg

@claudiazoglmann having the same issue in Pod 4 (just released last weekend for us). All values come back with "unknown". Would appreciate some guidance here.

• Matthew Phillip

@claudiazoglmann having the same issue in Pod 4 (just released last weekend for us). All values come back with "unknown". Would appreciate some guidance here.

As a follow up to my earlier comment: When I try and run a report that gives me opens by device/browser type I get a 'No results' message back. @claudiazoglmann was your screenshot from your attempt to build the report with your Analyzer license? Mine looks similar. I was wondering if you (or anyone else) was able to actually pull a report with the new metrics in place.

@Thamina Christensen-Oracle any thoughts?

• As a follow up to my earlier comment: When I try and run a report that gives me opens by device/browser type I get a 'No results' message back. @claudiazoglmann was your screenshot from your attempt to build the report with your Analyzer license? Mine looks similar. I was wondering if you (or anyone else) was able to actually pull a report with the new metrics in place.

Hello,

We need to have the Insight development team take a look into what is going on here - will you please submit a Service Request (suppport.oracle.com)?

Thank you,

Jazmine Duke | Principal Product Manager, Eloqua Insight

• Hello,

We need to have the Insight development team take a look into what is going on here - will you please submit a Service Request (suppport.oracle.com)?

Thank you,

Hey - quick update. We are experiencing a technical issue for device metrics. The team is working to resolve  - will update when I know more.

Thank you for your patience,

• @claudiazoglmann having the same issue in Pod 4 (just released last weekend for us). All values come back with "unknown". Would appreciate some guidance here.

Device Metrics should be up and running now - give it a try.

• As a follow up to my earlier comment: When I try and run a report that gives me opens by device/browser type I get a 'No results' message back. @claudiazoglmann was your screenshot from your attempt to build the report with your Analyzer license? Mine looks similar. I was wondering if you (or anyone else) was able to actually pull a report with the new metrics in place.

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 78 Silver Badge
    edited Nov 15, 2017 6:30PM

Thanks a lot, @JazmineDuke-Oracle

obiee_device2.jpg

@Matthew Phillip, tested with Analyzer license.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Thanks a lot, @JazmineDuke-Oracle

obiee_device2.jpg

@Matthew Phillip, tested with Analyzer license.

Hi @claudiazoglmann - it might take the system a bit to catch up on the massive backlog of data that needs to be updated with the device metrics. If this persists into next week, please do submit a Support Request (support.oracle.com) so we can look into your specific instance.

• How will I pull in a report in  insight on devices used to open the mails ? kindly help

• How will I pull in a report in  insight on devices used to open the mails ? kindly help

@Uthra You will need an analyzer license to access this information. In the future we will have it in an out-of-the-box dashboard and other areas.

In Insight, create a custom analysis by selecting New > Analysis > Email Open. Device is found in the attributes column.

• Goncalo Mateus-Oracle
    edited Jun 11, 2018 2:35AM

Good morning @Thamina Christensen-Oracle,

I've noticed that in our demo environments we can access in the "Dashboards tab" a report similar to the one showed below. Is this report in dashboards available for every Eloqua instance?

Thank you!

pastedImage_0.png

• Good morning @Thamina Christensen-Oracle,

I've noticed that in our demo environments we can access in the "Dashboards tab" a report similar to the one showed below. Is this report in dashboards available for every Eloqua instance?

Thank you!

pastedImage_0.png

Hello,

Any instance that has access to the Analytics > Dashboard area will have the Email Open by Device dashboard. Customers can control what their users see in the interface, so it is possible for a customer to have removed this for certain users.

Thank you,