Discussions

Create a Report Subscription (Agent) that Returns More Than 75 Rows

Kim Slattery
Kim Slattery Posts: 1 Red Ribbon
edited May 2, 2018 10:11AM in Dream It

Per the updated documentation (see link below), we can now subscribe New Insight reports (like you can with Classic Insight) but the subscriptions will return only 75 rows.

I have multiple reports that return more than 75 rows in Classic Insight.

When looking at detailed data, pretty much anything split to a contact level, is going to run over 75 rows (Campaign form submissions by email address, page views by webpage ... even a simple report, email sent split to a country level is >75 rows.

I'd like the limit to be significantly raised. Ideally set to the same level as Classic Insight.

https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/index.html#Help/Insight/Tasks/CreatingAgents.htm

Post edited by Unknown User on
16 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Kim,

As of the 18A release (upcoming) agents are being increased to 1000 rows.

Thank you,

Jazmine Duke | Principal Product Manager, Insight

• claudiazoglmann
    claudiazoglmann Posts: 79 Silver Badge

Hi Kim,

As of the 18A release (upcoming) agents are being increased to 1000 rows.

Thank you,

Hi @JazmineDuke-Oracle, 1000 rows sounds nice, but why is there a need to limit the number of rows at all?

• mdebussc
    mdebussc Posts: 39 Bronze Badge

Hi @JazmineDuke-Oracle, 1000 rows sounds nice, but why is there a need to limit the number of rows at all?

I have the same question?  The limitation has hindered me moving some of my reports from the old to the new insight as the limitation was not providing me what I needed.  The increase will help some but still curious why it would be limited JazmineDuke-Oracle,?

• @claudiazoglmann@<g class="gr_ gr_30 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="30" data-gr-id="30">mdebussc</g>  

The limits are there to maintain the performance of our system for all of the users of Insight.

The intended use case of the Agent is to send a status report on a timely basis - this functionality is not intended to be used to take large amounts of data out of Insight. If you are looking to take large amounts of data out, the UI export supports 200,000 rows at a time.

The Insight team is currently testing Insight Agent functionality to ensure that any further increases to this limit will not compromise performance. If we can make an increase to this limit, we absolutely will.

Thank you,

Jazmine Duke | Principal Product Manager, Eloqua Insight

• I also wanted to chime in saying that the 1000 rows is a HUGE hindrance. We have weekly detailed reports for our opened and clicked emails that are used for targeting purposes for campaigns outside of Eloqua. The old insight easily allows us to export  via email with no problem at all. The 1,000 rows cap doesn't even cover a day's worth of opens for us. It is unrealistic to have the end user have to constantly log in and export the file themselves when we are trying to automate this process as much as possible. I agree that the use case makes sense, but you shouldn't be taking away functionality that we had with the old insight.

• I also wanted to chime in saying that the 1000 rows is a HUGE hindrance. We have weekly detailed reports for our opened and clicked emails that are used for targeting purposes for campaigns outside of Eloqua. The old insight easily allows us to export  via email with no problem at all. The 1,000 rows cap doesn't even cover a day's worth of opens for us. It is unrealistic to have the end user have to constantly log in and export the file themselves when we are trying to automate this process as much as possible. I agree that the use case makes sense, but you shouldn't be taking away functionality that we had with the old insight.

Hi all,

As of the May 18 release, the Agent has been increased to 5000 rows. For more information on the upcoming release:

Thank you,

• That's great Jazmine, but not good enough unfortunately. I will have no choice but to change a report that we run weekly, to something run more often just because at the weekly level we are already surpassing 5k. Since we are being told we have no choice but to move things to the new Insight we really shouldn't be giving up functionality that is currently available to us in the Classic Insight.

• mdebussc

@JazmineDuke-Oracle

Is there any further updates on the agent limit? We have a very large event where there are 5200 rows of registrants but aren't able to extract it correctly via an agent due to the constraints.  It isn’t practical for us to have to manually export these when we have a tool that can automatically send them to various teams.  Any more news on this one? At least 10,000?

Thanks

• Hi all, in 19A (February 2019) agent export limits have been increased to 200,000 rows. Enjoy!

Find out more about 19A here

• mdebussc

Hi all, in 19A (February 2019) agent export limits have been increased to 200,000 rows. Enjoy!

Find out more about 19A here

Thanks for the update...doing the happy dance!!  Can you update this dream it as delivered as well?Create a Report Subscription (Agent) that Returns More Than 5000 Rows