Discussions

Faster cache refresh when replacing files in File Storage

Devon Guerrero
Devon Guerrero Posts: 61 Blue Ribbon
edited October 2019 in Dream It

I keep running into the issue of updating an existing file in the file storage, but needing the new version to refresh (in the cache) faster to the user on a live webpage. I understand that the documentation says it can take 72 hours or so to have the update propagate.

I find that in 2018 (momentarily 2019), this is unacceptable. I need faster development cycles with testing content on landing pages, along with pushing out timely updates, while  eliminating any possible content blocking, mixed content, or CORS issues that I have run into while using the built in Eloqua redirect URLs (scripts from the domain eloqua.com I see are frequently becoming blocked, while en25 is fine).

External CDN services are always an alternative, but at an added cost and I rather keep everything in house.

Post edited by Unknown User on
14 votes

Delivered · Last Updated

Comments

• bkhayes
    bkhayes Posts: 79 Silver Badge

I've ran into this issue several times myself. Change is made to a PDF the day a campaign is set to go out, PDF is linked in many email, landing page and calendar assets, only to learn it won't update in time for release. So you have to resort to uploading a new file and relinking in many of the assets and uploading the calendar file again.

• Brianna Young
    Brianna Young Posts: 23 Blue Ribbon

I second this! We've seen it take a day or longer for files to update.

• Scott R. Lang -Oracle
    Scott R. Lang -Oracle Posts: 34 Employee

There will be updates to this functionality with the 19D release. Image and file replacement will now be generally available to all users and the update timing has been optimized to be completed within 15 minutes.

Scott Lang

Oracle Eloqua Product Management