Discussions

Can anyone explain me about Program builder?

User_QR0HS
User_QR0HS Posts: 12 Green Ribbon
edited Apr 29, 2022 6:30AM in Eloqua

I have always wondered what program builder does and is capable of doing, tried to read the doc but couldn't understand to the fullest,

I have read that it is similar to campaign canvas, but I wanted to know in what cases can I use program builder, how when, and for what is it useful for most.

Post edited by OIT Integration User on
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sukirti-Oracle
    Sukirti-Oracle Digital CX Manager Posts: 75 Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @User_QR0HS,

Thank you for reaching out to the community forum with your question. Eloqua program builder is an automated workflow module. It allows you to create automated workflows to replace repetitive manual tasks such as lead scoring, nurturing, data modification, and so on.

Here is another example- if you want to push your leads through a data standardization process, program builder can come really handy. As you sound so keen to learn about program builder, I wanted to introduce you to Eloqua "program canvas" which combines the effectiveness and processing power of Program Builder with the interface and speed of Campaign Canvas.

Hope this answers what you were looking for. For more information, take a read here: https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/marketing/eloqua-user/Help/ProgramBuilder/ProgramBuilder.htm

and, https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/marketing/eloqua-user/Help/ProgramCanvas/ProgramCanvasExamples.htm?Highlight=program%20canvas

Thank you

Oracle CX Community Team

• jessenobbe
    jessenobbe Posts: 55 Bronze Medal
    Answer ✓

@User_QR0HS ,

Program Builder does a lot of what both Program Canvas and Campaign Canvas do today and even a few things they do not.

Program Builder is quite old at this point, so I would not recommend using it unless you have a use case that only it can achieve.

Some of the things Program Builder can do that only it can do are:

• Send emails to Custom Objects using a workflow approach
    • Run Match and Deduplication Rules using a workflow approach
    • Work with Account records
    • Work with a mix of Contact, Custom Object, and Account Records

Why would you not want to use Program Builder?

• It takes a lot of planning in advance to efficiently configure
    • There are a lot of pop-up configuration screens that can become confusing
    • After a number of steps are added they overflow onto additional pages, making it hard to understand the entire workflow
    • Program Builder has 3 run modes that are meant for different use cases
    • Program Builder will eventually be sunset at some point in the future

Answers