Register today for Oracle CloudWorld. October 17th - 20th, Las Vegas

Register now

Hillel Cooperman, Senior VP of User Experience Design, has a message for you on Oracle CloudWorld

Watch now
SQL editor for Oracle BI — Cloud Customer Connect
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

SQL editor for Oracle BI

Views
Comments
edited Nov 28, 2016 11:29PM in General Transactional Reporting (OTBI) 3 comments

Summary

What tools are people using to edit SQL in Oracle BI?

Content

Hi, as per title, I'm wondering what everyone is using to edit SQL in Oracle BI? Eg. for data model SQL.

The window Oracle provides is small, non resizable and times out frequently, so I try to avoid it, using something like notepad or notepad++ to edit the SQL, then copy/paste into the Oracle BI window so I can hit OK and view the data output.

Something that connects to the Oracle HCM Fusion database would be ideal (though we don't have access to that), but the next best thing would be like a Toad type utility that can at least format (using colour coding for brackets etc) and checking of syntax, in a full window.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!