We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Include report parameter in bursting output?

Views
Comments
edited Feb 3, 2020 5:13PM in General Transactional Reporting (OTBI) 1 comment

Content

I'm using bursting to control the filename/delivery of a report run as a part of a flow. I'm not actually splitting the data up, so I'm just using the Split/Deliver Key as a static value included in the dataset (e.g. like how Marker is used in this example in the documentation). In the report DM, I have enabled output of the report parameters in the XML, and I do see them in the overall XML output.

One thing I've noticed is that as the bursting truly splits the XML all the way down to the group level that contains the bursting Deliver/Split, it actually drops all of the parameter XML elements as they sit at the top level of the report. In a normal template, I might typically output the parameters used to run the report in a header so that it's easy to see how the report was generated. However, as the params are being dropped from the XML in the bursting, it seems I can't do that in a simple way.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!