Prevent a second Issue Allocations process to start if another instance of that process is running.
The recurring batch process we have set up to run at multiple times during the day is -
1) Query all order releases eligible for bulk-planning
2) Consolidate orders with same From-To locations
3) Determine best Mode and carrier choice for each consolidated order/shipment
4) Tender shipments to selected carriers
5) Allocate shipments to carrier
6) Transmit Carrier/Mode selection for Shipments back to WMS package - grouped by each DC code into Allocation bases.
We are planning to use Allocation bases to group bulk-planned shipments of items from each DC. We have set up "Issue Allocations" (Step #6 above) as a part of recurring processes scheduled to run at 4 minute intervals. This process reads all orders with Allocated status and issues them to Allocation bases. It is only at the end of Step 6 that the Order status is changed.