You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How to create Formula type Depreciation Method with different Depreciation Rates for different Perio

Received Response
31
Views
3
Comments
in Assets 3 comments

Hi,

I have a

requirement, where in Asset life is 7 years and first 7 years asset should be depreciated 60% and remaining 7 years depreciation should be 40%.

I have created a formula like

Decode ( Sign ( Ceiling ( <Remaining life 2> - 1 ) ) , 1 , .6 , 0 , .4 , - 1 , .4 )

if remaining life is 2-1=1 then depreciation should be .6 else .4

but I also have 4,4,5 calendar so my formula is not working for dec'24, if I acquire an asset in the month of Dec'23.

It calculated depreciation at the rate of .6 till Dec'24 and then on the rate of .4, however Dec'24 onward it should have calculated on .4%.

any idea...where I went wrong.

Also I didn't go for table method because of below reason

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!