Hi, first time poster, two-decade full stack dev, weeks into Netsuite... going nowhere!
I'm about to inherit a small number of applications developed in-house by a former dev at the company I work for. I have experience in other cloud platforms ( Salesforce, Marketo, Okta ) so I have a *reasonable* understanding of developing / deploying / managing in those sorts of environments. To wrap my head around the "Netsuite way" I decided the best way was to throw myself in with getting an IDE up and running, and do some "hello world" sorts of excercises. I started with this:
https://ceanatech.com/2019/06/26/writing-your-first-netsuite-restlet-script/
... but I can't get past authentication. In PostMan I always get INVALID_LOGIN_ATTEMPT.
I have repeatedly copied tokens and keys, assigned roles as instructed, deployed, integrated, ticked specific boxes ( also unticked Web Services Role ), checked token timestamps, read login audits, and endless Stack Overflow posts from other devs who are stuck exactly where I am, e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36898146/invalid-login-attempt-while-accessing-netsuite-using-restlet
I can create yet another set of Access Tokens for yet another Administrator or Developer -roled TBA account, and copy in all the details exactly into PostMan, but I've done that at least a dozen times with the same failure. I'd wager they were right *most of the time* and it was something else.
I get the feeling maybe we're missing something really dumb... like Sandbox accounts don't work properly or have limited capabilities? And yes... I know about changing the realm to _SB1.
Does anyone have another other ideas why I'm unable to get beyond "hello world!"?