I am always very curious about new technologies so I tried to test the abilities of ChatGPT to answer questions related to NetSuite. I have to honestly admit that I am still quite impress. ChatGPT answered correctly random questions from NetSuite Certification exams samples. In my opinion, in the future it would be really helpful as an ultra efficient method to find quickly "reference knowledge type" answers. It is not yet perfectly reliable. In purpose I have asked a tricky SuiteScript question and the result was quite interestingly absurd.
I was perplexed by the answer. I never heard about a 'N/report' module. So I have asked another question:
I double checked again the documentation and even tried to debug the script to confirm the known answer that the 'N/report' simply does not exist. So I am still very puzzled how this answer has been generated. Has the NetSuite Oractle team been working behind the scene on this module? Will be available in the future? Or simply ChatGPT has created a documentation that recall somehow the style of other N/Modules?
So coming back to the header question, my opinion is that in the near future this technology won't replace the developer but it will be another important tool for speeding up the developing process. The creativity element and the ability to understand the business requirements cannot be replaced by any machine so no need to give up ambitions and careers 😊