Hi guys,
I wanted to please ask if it's applicable in NS create restrictions per locations in NS?
Short background, our organization manages HW Items (Assembly/Inventory all types: Serialized, Lot…etc.).
We also have multiple locations under managed in the system under 1 subsidiary, this far all above is standard NS out of the box.
We have a new planned that will join and we would like for this planned to perform transaction (SO/TO) for a specific location (maybe even multiple specific location in the future).
I was able to customize a very lean dashboard with predefined saved searches in shortcuts, so the user will see only what is relevant to the D2D work assignments. Meaning, I have hidden the access to the location pages and anything else that comes to mind…
In the role it's self, under the restrictions tab I have marked 'own and subordinates only' & under the Employee table have chosen the specific location they may access.
When testing this, the user can potentially access other saved search (if they they get exposed to the saved search name, or even if the user decides to fiddle with the URL Internal ID number).
They are also able to change the location within the TO transactions to other locations which technically are not permitted (or so I thought so).
Is there a way to enforce these limitations within NS? Is this even applicable?
I mean for saved searches that were accessed, I can edit the Audience, so that can be solved, but still the user can modify the Transfer Order transaction and choose other locations (the users needs to have the edit capability for in some cases Item and/quantities need to be changed, so I need to keep this in place and not block it).
Any ideas if I am missing something or if this is a system limitation?
Also, if this is a system limitation, are there any applicable work arounds?
Thank you