Please can someone confirm if what I am seeing is normal / expected behaviour?
If you close a line on a Sales Order, the value (including tax) is still included in the Total value for the Sales Order
This is a little confusing, but if this is how the system works then we can advise users accordingly…
However
We have now deduced that the 'Unbilled Orders' value that is shown on the Customer record includes only the pre-tax values of 'Open' lines on the Sales Order (i.e. it excludes any closed lines) but it seems to include the tax for all lines (including the closed lines).
This makes no sense whatsoever!
I am interested to understand if this is 'expected behaviour', or something in our configuration that is incorrect.
This was the original order:
The last line was closed, so the actual value of the order to be invoiced was: £468.30 (But the sales order still showed the total order value as 963.17)
However, the customer record showed:
And the only way I can calculate that is 468.30 + the VAT of the closed line:
If this is expected - please can you some explain the logic behind this??