I am trying to stop the proliferation of Saved Searches by removing the user's permissions to create and edit them.
These are the key permissions I identified to do this:
Transactions
Find Transaction - View (was Full)
Lists
Address List in Search - Full
Export Lists - Create
Perform Search - View (was Full)
Persist Search - Create
These settings (in particular the two that were reduced) will stop a role saving any kind of search (which is the result we want). However, both have other consequences.
Transactions
Find Transaction - View (was Full)
Setting this to View also removes the 'Edit | View' links on the left, and the 'New' popup menu (when in Edit mode).
This is the lesser of the issues - I could replicate the Edit|View links in a custom column, and I don't think may people use the mini popup menu (and certainly not for all the various options).
Lists
Address List in Search - Full
Export Lists - Create
Perform Search - View (was Full)
Persist Search - Create
Setting Perform Search to View seems to break the use of Print Templates for Searches:
Reverting that permission to Full restores the template selection function:
This is something we use quite extensively throughout the business.
I just wanted to check if there were any other permissions I wasn't aware of that could prevent search saving but still allow templates to work?