Greetings,
I am currently importing Sales Orders that contain Lot Numbered Assembly Items configured as Special Work Order items.
I understand that the recommended approach is to set the line-level inventory commitment to "Do Not Commit" during the import. This prevents NetSuite from allocating inventory and requesting a lot number at the time the Sales Order is created, allowing the import to complete successfully while also generating the associated Special Work Order. I have configured the import accordingly by setting Commit = Do Not Commit and Create PO/WO = Special Work Order as default values in the CSV Import Assistant.
However, despite these settings, I continue to receive the following error during the import:
"Please enter value(s) for: Serial/Lot Number."
To simplify troubleshooting, I created a very basic import mapping, and I have attached both the CSV file and the field mappings for reference. I also removed the Serial/Lot Number field from the import file, since I expected NetSuite to defer lot assignment until the Work Order is built.
Am I overlooking a required configuration or import setting? Has anyone encountered this behavior before?
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has a working CSV template that has been successfully used to import Sales Orders for Lot Numbered Assembly Items with Special Work Orders, I would be grateful if you would be willing to share it.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.