Hello,
I've been testing the new Event Subscriber script type from release 2026.2 with the following example:
Custom Record
Event Subscriber that sends an email when a record is created.
The example works fine, but I have a few questions.
-1- I've only been able to create the script using SDF. If I try to create it from the NetSuite interface, I get the following error: "SuiteScript 2.1 entry point scripts must implement one script type function."
Is it confirmed that these scripts can only be created from SDF, or should I have been able to create it from the UI as well?
-2- When I go to Customization -> Scripting -> Scripts, I see that "Subscriber script" has been added to the Type dropdown. However, the script I created from SDF doesn't appear. It also doesn't appear with Type All. And if I look in Scripted Records, it doesn't indicate that my custom record has that script associated with it either.
I've also tried entering the script name in the global search, and while it finds it, if I open it from there I have two options:
- Open the deployment list, where my script is listed in the script filter, but no results appear.
- Create a new deployment for the script. And if I click the link to the script on that page, I get a "Page Not Found" error.
Is this a bug? I understand that my script should appear in those lists.
-3- In the script, in addition to sending the email, I've included some logs. However, these logs don't appear in Script Execution Logs. And since I can't access the script or deployment itself, it seems I have no way to view the logs. Do these scripts support logging?
Thanks and regards.
Jonan