Bi Publisher translation file

Received Response
Views
Comments

Summary

Bi Publisher translation file

Content

Hello,

I need to upload a translation file onto BIP but I get an error message as follows :

Translation.png

I don't understand why I get this message since I deleted the locale file for translation. I tried uploading the file with different formats but nothing changed. Does anyone have the answer ?

Answers

• timdexter
    timdexter ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

Its probably because you already have a French version of the template loaded (I can see it listed in the graphic.)

The way BIP works is if someone requests a different language e.g. french to the default template e.g.english. It will first look for a french version of the template ie a template that already has French strings in it. If it does not find it then it will look for the french translation of the English template. So you can only have either a translated French template or a French translation of the English template, not both.

As you already have a French template loaded, it will not let you load the French translation. To load the translation file, you need to delete the French translation first.

Tim

• Antoine KAIBER
    Antoine KAIBER ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed this was the problem, thank you !