Products Banner

BIP Addin For MS Office 2016-32 bit - Install Issues

Received Response
Views
Comments

Summary

BIP Addin For MS Office 2016-32 bit

Content

I am installing BI Publisher Template Builder for Word on my PC running Windows 10, MS Office 2016 (32 Bit), JRE 1.8.0_61(32 bit).

Installation completes normal but the BI Publisher ribbon does not appear in MS Word.

In Word Options, the addin "BI Publisher Template Builder for Word" is inactive and it's location is under C:\Program Files (x86)/Oracle USA

This folder is entirely missing as I had deleted it in attempting to clean up the previous installation which wasn''t working.

How to restore this folder and it's contents?

If it is not possible to restore it, What is the alternative?

Regards

Version

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

Please check this Fusion BI Publisher - BIP Template Builder Plug In In Not Appearing In Word Menu (Doc ID 2334566.1)

Please download the installer from: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-publisher/downloads/index.html

• Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 11.1.1.9.0 for 32 bit Office on Windows (260 MB)
    • Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 11.1.1.9.0 for 64 bit Office on Windows (254 MB)
    • Choose the BI Publisher Desktop based on your version of Microsoft Office 32 bit or 64 bit

Please go through the next steps:

- Open MS Word

- Navigate to File > Word Options > Add-Ins

- In the 'Manage' field LOV select 'Disabled Items' and select go button

- Select the 'BI Publisher Template Builder for Word' and the 'Enable' button

- Then, from the left frame, select the 'Customize Ribbon'

- In the 'Main Tabs' area ensure 'Add-Ins' is checked

Thanks,
    Sareesh

• Hi Sareesh

Enabling the Addin isn't possible as the file location is not available.

/

In Word Options, the addin "BI Publisher Template Builder for Word" is inactive and it's location is under C:\Program Files (x86)/Oracle USA

This folder is entirely missing as I had deleted it in attempting to clean up the previous installation which wasn''t working.

How to restore this folder and it's contents?

If it is not possible to restore it, What is the alternative?

/

Reinstalling BI Publisher Desktop does not create the folder structure that got deleted

How to restore it so that the inactive COM addin could be enabled.

Regards

Ariv