When we try to delete a Connection in OAC DV, getting below error
DV should show artifacts related to given connection when it is showing error.
Basic functionality for governance/admin which is missing.
Calling for those for more than 2 years (it should be part of API, which must be available not only in OAC, but in OAS as well).
In fact, I would appreciate a cross-reference for all objects!
All the way from Classic RPD to classic catalog, and for DV all the way from data/console connection to workbooks.
This X-Ref would include ALL involved objects:
included and not limited to physical databases, connection pools, tables, columns, indexes, constratins relationship between tables, logical layer objects, logical columns, LTS, logical business map relations, subject areas, presentation layer tables, presentation layer columns, analyses, agents, dashboards, dashboard prompts, filters, BI-Publisher reports, etc!
Thanks,
Marcelo Finkielsztein
This is a duplicate, or at least related to
Kind regards, Erik
Hi @E. van der Poel-Oracle , when I searching I could not find subject as Connection delete, so I raised the idea here. Anyways thanks for letting me know, hope Product development team will look into these act on.
Hi All,
you may use the following as workaround
@Mostafa Morsy-Oracle Mostafa, do you really mean your advice seriously or was a kind of bad joke attempt ? Have you ever tried this plugin ? I would politelly call it very poor attempt to offer something (of very poor quality) than nothing. But honestly it is horrible… I would not recommend it to anybody who means governance in DV seriously.
@Michal Zima
I tested it and working fine But you need to create a join correctly between the .CSV Datasets and I got all workbooks related to each connection and Dataset I am not sure what did you tried ?
@Mostafa Morsy-Oracle It seems from your answers, that you are completely detached from every day reality of maintaining/administering OAC/OAS environment . At our OAS environments (especially DEV environment, since we strictly separate DEV/TEST and PROD OAS environments) DV objects (data sets, workbooks…) are changing every day. So how you will guarantee freshness of data sets produced by this Governance plugin ? You will every day (or even more frequently) manually run DV workbook with this Plugin to download CSV files produced by this plugin and then (again manually) refresh existing SYS_data sets with those new files and then run prepared workflow ? Pretty annoying, isn't it ?
For this specific use case yes but the main issue was when you delete a connection I do not think you will delete connection every day but if you regularly deleting connections in your Dev Environment so no need for you to use the workaround listed this workaround given for those who need to delete connection from time to time .
as I did not mentioned this is a solution but workaround for those who can use this as workaround
I am creating two tables in a freeform report and overlaying these tables to appear as one to the end user. I can hide the header titles by setting the font and highlight colour to the same as the background colour but it would be better if there was a functionality to disable the header row completely.
My organization needs a practical way to generate a comprehensive report listing all members—including both direct and inherited assignments—of every custom application role within the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Console’s Roles and Permissions area. Today, the only built‑in method is exporting one role at a time through…
Currently you are able to change the width of a field in a table or pivot table by dragging the border but there is no option to manually fix it to a set value e.g. 100px. Justification: I am creating a report with two tables in freeform and need the field widths to have the same size when I overlay one table on the other.…
Request for an enhancement to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Classic Analysis Selection Steps on measure suppression for a specific calculated member created through Selection Steps. This idea is opened based on the directions from oracle CEAL team, for more details please find the below service request. SR -…
Hi, We use a lot of Custom App Roles in OAC Console and It would be easier to have an API to manage the members of App Roles.