Team, Can I use Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence (FDI) within Microsoft Word in the same way you might use BI Publisher or OTBI reports that integrate with Word templates ? Appreciate any pointers. Thanks
Hi @RVohra
yes, you can able to use the BI publisher as same way as other versions.
Regards,
Arjun
I did not get the answer, what other versions?
Hi,
I believe what he meant is that FDI is based on OAC, therefore the Publisher features are the same.
The Word templates is a Publisher feature, and Publisher is part of OAC, and also of FDI. Therefore what you can do with Publisher is available for FDI.
I do not see anything related to FDI in the MS Word. Please refer the screenshot.
Do you have any documentation or steps?
FDI is a package of various products and pieces. What the Word add-in needs is to access Publisher in FDI.
If you take your FDI url, the one that should be /ui/dv or /dv/ui (I never remember which one it is…) and write /xmlpserver instead in the URL, does something display? That’s your Publisher in your FDI environment.
This is an Client Plugin Tool. (MS-Plugin).
You need to enter your username and pwd and application url to connect your server catalog.
Note: create a non-sso user and use the same to connect - .
Refer for more info -
During Login From BIP Desktop Tool To OAC (Oracle Analytics Cloud) Displays Error "Error while trying to access Report Server Location.." (KB60782)
Description: The Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence (FDI) Product Roadmap Update provides an overview of the latest developments and future plans for FDI. Oracle Product Management experts will share upcoming capabilities, key enhancements, and product direction, helping attendees understand what is changing and how these…
Hi,😊 I have a technical issue that I am struggling to resolve. I created an RTF layout, and the preview works correctly when using the BI Publisher Add-in tool. However, when I upload the layout in eText format, the generated report displays only question marks (???) instead of the expected data. I have not been able to…
hi Oracle team, Have a scenario: Country = A, then page 1 should have a notification for that country with no header/footer however page 2 onwards, the existing content with header/footer. but if Country != A then no notification and has to display existing one with the header/footer. Tried option A: Native word option…
Hi Oracle Community, I have a requirement in Oracle Fusion HCM Performance Management and would like to understand the recommended approach for BI Publisher. The business flow is as follows: A Manager logs into Oracle Fusion using their manager account. The manager can see the performance documents of their direct reports.…
I have Windows 64-Bit in my system and I have downloaded Oracle BI Publisher Desktop 64-bit. when trying to install Oracle BI Publisher in my system, I get error like "Set Word2007 flg failed" or "Please uninstall the current version using Add or Remove Program from the control Panel" But there is no program for Oracle BI…
The issue is related to the NordPass browser extension installed via our corporate policy. Issue observed: Users were unable to upload custom BI Publisher templates in Oracle Fusion (BI Publisher / Oracle Analytics) using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. The upload dialog remained indefinitely at "Uploading, please…