In the FDI (or FAIDP) OAC, you have the ability to create Key Metrics that stay with the subject areas. I'd like to have that same ability in the standalone OAC. See screenshot below in the comments.
Hi @Branden Pavol - no plans to add KeyMetrics to OAC. Are you using KM as a shared calc object?
We have started work on Shared Calculations feature in OAC.
@Branden Pavol I do like this idea and believe it's useful, so you've got my vote. Until we can convince Oracle to add it, would creating a separate fact table in the BMM and adding all commonly used metrics and calculated metrics in there work for you? I have done this for clients to try to simply finding the most important calcs. Now I know this is has it's limitations and is not as robust and as easy to use as the Key Metrics in FDI, but if you don't need to create calc on the fly or they don't have to be at the report granularity, it is "sharable". Maybe it will work for you.
@Avinash Krishnaram-Oracle I'm not actively using the FDI OAC. I'm using the standalone OAC. I did see that the products are different if you have FDI (or FAIDP) vs the standalone. I'm looking to minimize the amount of work the Web Semantic Model developer has for some basic, repeatable calculations. If a common calculation for a given subject area is Good Quantity / Total Quantity = Good Quantity Percent, I don't always need to have that deployed through the WSM. It can be added quickly in the workbook and saved for future use if anyone else uses the same subject area.
@Carter Beaton Thanks for the support. The goal I'm trying to achieve is convenience for repeatable calculations to be created. Ultimately, the best place for them to live is in the fact folders in the subject area. This would bridge that gap and allow the business users to control that without going into the WSM.
I am creating two tables in a freeform report and overlaying these tables to appear as one to the end user. I can hide the header titles by setting the font and highlight colour to the same as the background colour but it would be better if there was a functionality to disable the header row completely.
My organization needs a practical way to generate a comprehensive report listing all members—including both direct and inherited assignments—of every custom application role within the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Console’s Roles and Permissions area. Today, the only built‑in method is exporting one role at a time through…
Currently you are able to change the width of a field in a table or pivot table by dragging the border but there is no option to manually fix it to a set value e.g. 100px. Justification: I am creating a report with two tables in freeform and need the field widths to have the same size when I overlay one table on the other.…
Request for an enhancement to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Classic Analysis Selection Steps on measure suppression for a specific calculated member created through Selection Steps. This idea is opened based on the directions from oracle CEAL team, for more details please find the below service request. SR -…
Hi, We use a lot of Custom App Roles in OAC Console and It would be easier to have an API to manage the members of App Roles.