I am trying to create ODBC on DV data connection.
for DSN should I put a entry from TNSNAMES.ora? let me know.
@Tony_OAS_Apex_User ,
If you want to define a connection to an Oracle Database in DV, use the "Oracle Database" connection type, that's the easiest way to connect to an Oracle database (compared to ODBC).
If your Publisher data model should be a query on an Oracle database, the best solution is to define the connection to your database as a data source in Publisher itself (so not DV), and then build your Publisher data model as a SQL Query.
Doing this, you are bypassing any intermediate layer that you don't need: Publisher will directly connect to your database when doing its job. Using anything else (DV database, LSQL queries on BI Server etc.) means adding extra steps, extra pieces passing data left and right. If you have a corporate semantic model deployed then using a LSQL query make sense because it avoid you having to re-define all the business rules in your SQL query. But if this isn't the case and you just want to use a SQL query on your Oracle database, create this database as source in Publisher and then use it with a SQL Query directly. The direct approach also simplify security as you aren't touching DV pieces and their permissions do not matter.
the DSN field or Connection String field requests the full connection descriptor from the tnsnames.ora file
An ODBC connection is usually not an Oracle Database connection (you have dedicated connection types for that), therefore the tnsnames.ora isn't involved.
What are you trying to connect to?
Thanks for your answers.. i just want to create odbc connection to oracle database to create dataset. so I can use it on BI publisher.
I am having some issue that data columns dosn't come up in BI Publisher as regular user.
It doesn't have to be odbc connection within DV, but i already have connection to Oracle database.
As a BI admin group user I could see all the columns and data but as a regular user can't. What permission control that? We don't want to give a admin role to the regular user. Which permission let you see and work with it?
In Oracle BI Publisher, access to:
is controlled by catalog permissions, if regular user cannot see columns, they likely don’t have required permissions.
We give catalog item access permissions to application roles.
The permissions that we can assign to others vary depending on the type of content. To change permissions, the application role that we are assigned to must have the Change Permission privilege.
Hope it helps!
Description: The Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence (FDI) Product Roadmap Update provides an overview of the latest developments and future plans for FDI. Oracle Product Management experts will share upcoming capabilities, key enhancements, and product direction, helping attendees understand what is changing and how these…
I'm trying to index a Local Subject Area so I can use it in my AI Agent, however, I keep receiving the generic error below. Request status(500) : error = {"prefix":"DSS","code":50000,"message":"There was an unexpected error while processing this request. Please try again."}
it is observed that in OAC while using case statements the output is not expected.For example if we have a case statment like case when table1.column1=table2.column1 then 'yes' else 'No' end as Attribute1 Now if i use this attribute with a fact-amount column attribute 1|| Amount on a report then we dont get the aggregation…
Once I select that value from the list box Region I created, I want to filter the table by my selection. See the images
Hi, While using OAS or OAC latest version can we generate a report to view complete defition of semantic model/subject area. It helps to document and troubleshoot. thanks