Oracle Business Intelligence

Products Banner

Unable to open analytics in OBIEE 11.1.1.9.0

Received Response
Views
Comments

Hi all,

I am unable to open analytics after running BI services (http://hello-pc:9704/analytics). It's throwing error

--------------------

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

----------------------

I have opened the admin console i found that bi_server1 is shutdown. PFA

pastedImage_6.png

I have also taken information from EM. There are bi_server1 is down and coreapplication is also down.

pastedImage_7.png

I went to Coreapplication link but there are all services are running related to business intelligence.

pastedImage_8.png

I am unable to trace problem. After running BI services command why it's giving error. I tried to run the analytics through 9704 port.

I installed jdk1.7.0_80 in my machine. I am running on Windows 7 OS and 64 bit.

Regards,

Chandra.

Answers

• Sherry George
    Sherry George ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Chandra,

Did you try a restart of the application ? Check opmnctl status from ORACLE_INSTANCE\bin. If biserver1 is still down take a look at the logs for biserver1 .

• User_JL3CW
    User_JL3CW ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

PFA.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Chandra

• Errrr your whole managed server is down. I'd start with that problem!

Also: get a real OS while you're at it and not a desktop one.

• User_JL3CW
    User_JL3CW ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

OS is real one only.

Regards,

Chandra.

• Hi,

By "real OS" I supposed he meant a server OS (Windows or Linux) as client OS are supported only for development but OBIEE being an enterprise tool it's built to work on a server (and so using a server OS is the one matching better).

As other pointed out: do not care about components up or down: the order in which things must start is: Admin server, node manager, managed server and last opmn components.

So if you have an issue with the managed server it will not give you anything to check the opmn components status.

Stop there, do not look at anything else (you can even shutdown the opmn components to reduce unwanted "noise"), focus 100% on your managed server.

Others already told you to look at the bi_server1 log file as there inside you will find why it's not starting.

• Yes. that's what I meant I just wasn't really hot on being more verbose as we keep saying the same thing over and over in here and people just don't listen.

• Sherry George
    Sherry George ✭✭✭✭✭
    3319067 wrote:Hi,PFA.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Chandra

So status of your obiee system components are good, but as others have said, this is not good enough if your managed server is down. I asked you if you tried a restart of the application, stop bi services and start them again. Then if you are facing the same issues, check the Adminserver and nodemanager logs as well in addition to the managed server log.

• User_JL3CW
    User_JL3CW ✭✭✭✭✭

HI,

Please guide where exactly i could find, the Adminserver and nodemanager logs and also managed server log.

Regards,

Chandra.

• User_JL3CW
    User_JL3CW ✭✭✭✭✭

hi,

One more thing, I have installed OBIEE in my personal laptop and I am working on it. I have installed windows 7 OS. Do i require to install Server OS?

Regards,

Chandra.

• If you look around the forum a bit you will see that we continue to say the same thing over and over again and it boils down to:

a) Windows = bad

b) Linux = good and hence

c) Get the SampleApp: OBIEE Samples

• Sherry George
    Sherry George ✭✭✭✭✭

Admin Server log files: <MW_HOME>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\AdminServer\logs

Managed Server log files: <MW_HOME>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\servers\bi_server1\logs

Node Manager Log files: <WL_HOME>\common\nodemanager