I upgraded the application's database from Oracle 11.2.0.4 to Oracle 18c. Now the app team says that the OBIEE module is not running. The version of OBIEE is 11.1.1.9. Will the app team need to upgrade the OBIEE?
Check out the certification matrix - https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi/bi-11gr1certmatrix-11-1-1-9-0-2541437.xls under the database tab.
user10251391 wrote:Now the app team says that the OBIEE module is not running.
What does that mean "the OBIEE module is not running"?! Is it an existing OBIEE installation and the DB underneath was updated? Was OBIEE re-installed on top of 18c? The RCU Schemas or the database actually holding the data that's read?
The better your question, the better the answers. The certification matrix is one thing but "will it run" is a totally different one.
Sorry for the bad explanation... It is the OBIEE 11g scheduler system component (nqscheduler) that is failing to connect to the 18c database.
Not much better. What's the real error? What do the log files say? We can't see your system and we can't know what's happening. That's why there are log files.
Here is the error from the NQScheduler:
[2020-03-03T15:48:35.674+00:00] [OracleBISchedulerComponent] [ERROR:1] [] [] [ecid: 000JGjCqp7i6IRdptcDCiX0005Bf000005,0] [tid: 8] [nQSError: 17014] Could not connect to Oracle database. [[
file: server/Query/Execution/DbGateway/Oci10g/../Oci8/Src/SQXDGOci8.cpp; line: 373
Properties: description=PRIMARY_POOL RetrieveColumnInfo from table S_NQ_JOB_PARAM Exchange; producerID=4302895288; requestID=4294836225; sessionID=4294836224; userName=OBIEEV11_BIPLATFORM;
[nQSError: 17001] Oracle Error code: 28040, message: ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol
at OCI call OCISessionBegin.
The app developer is not familiar with the environment, and I don't have access to the app server. I had him install the 18c client on the app server since they were still using the 11g client, but the error persists...
Thank you!
user10251391 wrote:ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol
Have you just googled that error message? It's a pure DB error message.
https://medium.com/@madeeshafernando/ora-28040-no-matching-authentication-protocol-exception-acd8eaf1ff3c
Yes, I Googled the error and saw that doc. The app developer set the sqlnet.allowed_logon_version_server to 11, but he still got the error. Changing this on the database server is not an option since the database server is shared by other apps/dbs. I did tell them that the issue is that their code is using an older version of the JDK when connecting to the 18c database, but the developer has no clue where/what he needs to change to use the new version of the JDK...
Glorious. Still - that makes it even less of an OBI issue.
Prepare-se para sua certificação em OCI AI Foundations Inteligência Artificial está transformando a forma como empresas desenvolvem aplicações, automatizam processos e utilizam seus dados. Para aproveitar esse potencial, é essencial compreender os principais conceitos de IA e como essas tecnologias se conectam aos serviços…
it is observed that in OAC while using case statements the output is not expected.For example if we have a case statment like case when table1.column1=table2.column1 then 'yes' else 'No' end as Attribute1 Now if i use this attribute with a fact-amount column attribute 1|| Amount on a report then we dont get the aggregation…
Once I select that value from the list box Region I created, I want to filter the table by my selection. See the images
Hi, While using OAS or OAC latest version can we generate a report to view complete defition of semantic model/subject area. It helps to document and troubleshoot. thanks
I want to export all OAC RPD joins and conditions, is there a way to export or extract joins information. please suggest. Repository documentation doesn't gives joins, if any other way pls suggest.