• 3,837,789 Users
  • 2,262,300 Discussions
  • 7,900,393 Comments

Discussions

New oracle jet date picker

Andre Souza
Andre Souza Member Posts: 29 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

I would like to have the same behavior as before on a date picket item, some examples:

example 1:

Left side is new jet date picker, right side is old one. I would like to have back the days names on the calendar.

Example 2:

I was able to achieve the same look as "icon property" for floating items using the pre text

Like this:

Now I can't do that anymore and date picker items look like this:

Example 3:

I use a jquery library "jquery.mask.js" to have some masks on specific fields, for dates I would use like this:

$("#PAGE_ITEM").mask('##/##/####' );

So It would format the field as user is typing and also automatically adds the "/ ".

It does not work anymore, how to achieve that?

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle
    Anthony Rayner-Oracle Member Posts: 732 Employee
    edited Jun 24, 2021 8:44AM

Hi Andre,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We value it enormously.

Regarding your specific feedback..

Example 1: We agree this can now be confusing, especially with your Portuguese example. This is a product of JET adhering to the Redwood design specification, where use of single character day name is defined. We are in discussions with the JET team about this, and also plan to file an ER with the Redwood design team for them to consider using the abbreviated day name, instead of the single character. We are providing your example to them, as an example of why we don't like this. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer on this right now, but we're working on it.

Example 2: This was a previously unknown bug, and after you raised it on Twitter we discussed it and plan to have a fix included in the next PSE for 21.1. In the mean time, I believe you have the workaround from Max: https://twitter.com/askMaxSolutions/status/1407111824961572870?s=20

Example 3: I can't speak to this, I don't know about the use of that plugin. Perhaps you could try changing the selector to use '#PAGE_ITEM|INPUT', which selects the date input field with the new JET control?

Hope that helps, and thanks again.

Anthony

• Andre Souza

Hi @Anthony Rayner-Oracle ,

Example1 : Ok;

Example2: Yes, I have a workaround in place.

Example3: Could not make it work. Will you be able to auto format the date field and allow only numbers? So I have this behavior:

Here is 21.1 with new date picker:

1 - I would like it to adjust size accordingly;

2 - Accept only numbers;

3 - Auto format while you type.

Can we achieve this?

Thank you again for your time.

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle

Hi Andre,

Thanks. Just so I'm sure I understand what you're asking for...

1. Adjust size accordingly - Actually I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean here. Please provide more info :-)
    2. Accept only numbers - Understood
    3. Auto format while you type - So not have to type in the separators, correct? For example for '01/01/2021', the user effectively only types '01012021' right? Anything in addition to this?

Thanks,

Anthony

• Andre Souza

Hi @Anthony Rayner-Oracle , thank you again for all the effort to try to understand and solve my questions.

1 - We have some modal pages and the calendar is over the date field when you click, like here:

2 - OK

3 - That is it.

Thank you again and I hope that soon we can say we have the best date picker component out there =)

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle

Hi Andre,

1 - Thanks, we will file a bug for this.

2 - FYI: The 21.1.2 PSE is now available on MOS, which includes the fix for this pre element icon issue: https://www.oracle.com/tools/downloads/apex-downloads.html

3 - Thanks for the info. This is on our list to discuss with the JET / Redwood teams.

Regards,

Anthony

• Anthony Rayner-Oracle

Regarding #1, actually we already had a bug filed to track this, which I had forgotten about. The bug is #32606434 for your reference.

Regards,

Anthony

Andre Souza
  • User_IGE56
    User_IGE56 Member Posts: 1 Red Ribbon

Hi Anthony,

can you estimate when the bug #1 will be fixed?

Regards,

Gene