Error when importing CSV files separated by semicolon and decimal separator colon
SummaryError when importing CSV files separated by semicolon and decimal separator colon
A customer is getting data from an external provider in the following format:
- CSV file with semicolon as column-delimiter and comma as decimal separator
1. When importing as new data set within DV the column-delimiter will be recognized correctly.
2. But the import fails to recognize the comma as decimal separator. Therefore this column will be treated as “attribute” and text field.
3. Changing the properties later does not help. I can change to “measure”, “number” and set aggregation to “sum”.
4. But the result will be that all decimal places will be lost and replaced by zeros (e.g. 156,34 will be replaced by 156,00). Or it may happen that the column remains empty.