Grade Control in PIM
Can you please help me understand how Grade Control works in PIM? I am unable to find much resources or documents around how this works.
I would like to understand the following:
- Where do we set up Item grade?
- What happens when you define a grade for an Item at the Item Specifications level?
- How is this Grade used while shipping against a Sales Order or at the time of receiving materials into Inventory?
- If I assign the Default Grade for an Item, can it be changed at the time of receiving material into the Inventory?
- For the same Item, can we maintain the on-hand at the Grade level? For example, an Item X has three grades namely A,B,C. Can I maintain the separate on-hand for Grade A, Grade B and Grade C for Item C?