Position Synchronization does not trigger for the Suspended assignments
I'll give that example to explain the situation.
- This is retail sector, we have Stores A and B,
- We have Employee-1 "E1" assigned to Position-A "PA" at store "A" and Direct reports for this position are DR-A1, DR-A2, they're all reporting to "E1"
- We have Position-B "PB" at store "B", and Direct reports for this position are DR-B1, DR-B2, there's no current incumbent for "PB"
- According to the position hierarchy, the parent position for both "PA" and "PB" is "PP"
- Since there's no current incumbent for "PB", DR-B1, DR-B2 are all currently reporting to "PP"
What we do is;
- we start a temporary assignment for E1, from "PA" to "PB". Thus E1's assignment for PA is being Suspended, E1's new temporary assignment for PB is crated with Active Status.