You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How to trigger SmartView business rule via VBA

Question
Views
Comments
edited Sep 11, 2019 5:18AM in Oracle Analytics

Content

My apologies if I am not posting this in the correct forum. The Smartview Forum had a message that it moved and the link took me here. If it's not correct here, kindly send me to the right spot. Thank you!

I am fairly new to utilizing VBA in conjunction with Smartview and have a project that I'm not 100% sure how to do. The goal is to write a macro that submits the data of an adhoc worksheet to Hyperion, runs a User Calculation called "Forecast Task" and then refresh another worksheet.

I'm good with submit and refresh, but not sure about how to trigger the business rule. I looked at the Developer Guide that addresses VBA and believe that HypExecuteCalcScript might be the way. However, the business rule that I need to run requires the entity dimension to be defined. I did not see any mention in the developer guide on how to do that when running HypExecuteCalcScript. I only know how to execute it through the Smartview Panel. I attached a screenshot of the task that i need to execute.

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!