You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

How to test password reset token duration in non-production environment where email is disabled?

Summary:

The recommendation was to "test the token expiration behavior by manually providing the reset link or token to a test user to verify the extended expiration period works as expected." I'd like to follow that approach, but I have not found a supported way to obtain the reset link or token other than through the Security Console email notification (Password Reset / Password Generated templates). In our non-production environment, outbound email is disabled, so the email is not delivered, and I have no way to retrieve the link to hand to a test user.

Could you please clarify the following:

Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!