You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

ARM64 Hypervisor PCI Passthrough on a BM.Standard.A4

Hello,

I am evaluating OCI A4 Standard bare-metal (AmpereOne M) for low-level Arm64 hypervisor development. Specifically, I would like to know if it is possible to develop and test PCI passthrough end-to-end of an ARM64 hypervisor by running it on a BM.Standard.A4.

I specifically need to know whether a customer with root access to a BM.Standard.A4 instance can:

  1. Access the physical PCIe hierarchy directly from the bare-metal OS;
  2. See physical PCIe endpoints with lspci;
  3. Bind/detach a physical PCIe endpoint from the host OS and assign it to a custom hypervisor using the SMMU/IOMMU (e.g. VFIO-style device assignment);

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!