You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Always Free A1 instance missing after August 18 enforcement - boot volume recovery and escalation

Hello Oracle Team and Community Moderators,

My long-standing Always Free VM.Standard.A1.Flex instance in Israel Central (Jerusalem), il-jerusalem-1, is no longer visible. I did not terminate it. My priority is recovering its data, not creating a replacement before the original status is clarified.

On August 4, 2026 I received 'Action Required: OCI Always Free Update', requiring total A1 allocation to be reduced to 2 OCPUs / 12 GB by August 18. I did not complete that reduction before the deadline.

The evidence I can currently see:

  • OCI Audit has system-generated ComputeApi.InstanceAction.end events with instanceActionType 'stop' at August 18, 2026 23:39:14 UTC and August 19, 2026 03:54:11 UTC. The latter reports STOPPED.
Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!