We're pleased to announce that starting in 2018, Oracle Eloqua customers will now receive releases on a quarterly cadence during February, May, August, and November.
The Eloqua release cycle has been comprised of two parts - a Core release and an Apps release (Galactus), and they happen at a different cadence (Core - every 6 weeks, Apps - every 4 weeks). We're pleased to announce that starting in 2018, Oracle Eloqua customers will now receive release updates on a quarterly cadence instead, and both the Eloqua Core release and the Eloqua Apps release (Galactus) will be rolled into one update.
This change is part of our overall goal to continue to enhance our full customer experience, and as such Oracle Eloqua will now align our release and maintenance schedules with the Oracle Cloud CX applications.
As an Eloqua customer, you can expect the following changes in 2018:
January release (493)
The 493 release will be the last of our 6-week cycle releases and will arrive in your Eloqua instance on either Friday, January 12th, 2018 at 21:00 Local Data Centre Time (pod 2 instances), or Friday, January 19th, 2018 at 21:00 Local Data Centre Time (All other pods). To find out which pod your instance is on, please review this Topliners post. Please note, the day of our releases change to Fridays starting with this 493 release.
Moving to 4 Eloqua releases per year
Beginning in 2018, you will receive your Eloqua update on a predictable, quarterly cadence during February, May, August, and November. This new quarterly release cadence will see both the Eloqua Core release and the Eloqua Apps release (Galactus) rolled into one update. Arriving on either the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the target month, these environment updates will occur on Fridays, 21:00 local data center time.
Naming and communication
In order to ensure clarity and consistency across all Oracle Cloud CX applications, we are adjusting our terminology as well; we will use the calendar quarter and the year to refer to the quarterly update. Here’s an example:
- The first quarterly update in 2018 will be referred to as: Oracle Eloqua 18A
- The number 18 represents the calendar year.
- A, B, C, or D represents the first, second, third, or fourth quarterly update in that calendar year.
Updates include new or changed features; rolled out in a non-disruptive way. During this update, we will also apply the latest maintenance pack. You will receive notifications in advance of each environment update.
In addition, release readiness materials are published on the Eloqua Release Center, and will provide a preview of new and changed functionality available in the next update.
- Oracle Eloqua Core (493) release: Friday, January 12th, 2018 at 21:00 local data center time (pod 2 instances), OR Friday, January 19th, 2018 at 21:00 local data center time (All other pods)
- Oracle Eloqua 18A update: Friday, February 10th, 2018 at 21:00 local data center time (pod 2 instances) OR Friday, February 16th, 2018 at 21:00 local data center time (All other PODs)
- Oracle Eloqua 18B update: Friday, May 18th, 2018 at 21:00 local data center time (all pods)
To find out which pod your instance is on, please review this Topliners post.
While no action is required, you will want to ensure your teams are aware of the move to a quarterly release cycle, and adjust your internal processes, as applicable.