Oracle VM (OVM) (MOSC)

MOSC Banner

How to recreate repository on previous presented storage by other OVM manager

Comments

  • Where can I find documentation on how to migrate a repository ? (as mentioned in this document, since we want to preserve the data)
  • RalfB
    RalfB Silver Badge
    Where can I find documentation on how to migrate a repository ? (as mentioned in this document, since we want to preserve the data)
    Hi,
    There are several ways available depending on the amount of VM data you have in your repository.
    One easy way is to backup and restore your repository data:

       http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35328_01/E35332/html/vmusg-repo-manage.html#vmusg-repo-backup

    This should work, but for sure you have to test it 1st :-)
    I'm assumingh that you are tlaking about OVM 3.x. If you want to migrate from OVM 2.x to 3.x the task
    is more complicated.

    Regards,
    Ralf

Category Leaderboard

Top contributors this month

New to My Oracle Support Community? Visit our Welcome Center

MOSC Help Center