Acme Packet (MOSC)

MOSC Banner

How to test DNS resolving on the Oracle SBC?

in Acme Packet (MOSC) 2 commentsAnswered ✓

Hello,

If I try to ping a hostname (using the same interface / ip address realm uses), but I always receive this message: Family mismatch.
Not that we have a problem at this moment, but in case of any problems, how can I be sure that the SBC's can resolve DNS hostnames ?

Example:

acme2# ping sip.pstnhub.microsoft.com M00:1112 10.163.64.13
Family mismatch
ping:
<host-address> host address or name to ping
<if-name:vlan> optional; network interface and vlan to use
<source-ip> optional; source IP address to use (must be same IP version as destination)

Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in to My Oracle Support Community.

Register

Don't have a My Oracle Support Community account? Click here to get started.

Category Leaderboard

Top contributors this month

New to My Oracle Support Community? Visit our Welcome Center

MOSC Help Center