Database Administration (MOSC)

MOSC Banner

Oracle External Authentication

Please I need your help - I am a beginner DBA

I took my Oracle Database server from a production environment and had the virtual machine fork lifted into my DEV environment. The DEV environment has a different domain but with the same name and different domain controllers.

In production we used Active Directory Authentication to connect the users to the database - I am still trying to figure out what method we are using.

Problem: While the server is in the DEV environment the AD authentication is no longer working. I suspect it is because the connection to Active Directory is no longer working. I am getting …incorrect user name and password when trying to log in

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in to My Oracle Support Community.

Register

Don't have a My Oracle Support Community account? Click here to get started.

Category Leaderboard

Top contributors this month

New to My Oracle Support Community? Visit our Welcome Center

MOSC Help Center