Discussions

Check out Oracle NetSuite upcoming events and conferences here
Now is the time to ask your NetSuite-savvy friends and colleagues to join the NetSuite Support Community! Refer now! Click here to watch and learn more!
Update your Profile with your Support type to get your Support Type badge.
Don't miss out on our Weekly Quiz! You only have until April 11, 2PM EST to comment your answers and earn rewards! Click here for more details.
Expand your NetSuite knowledge by joining our Ask A Guru Live sessions. RSVP on this event now.
Community Poll: What sort of content would you like to see more of?

Why is Planning Workbench not suggesting transfers from warehouse to production location?

edited Jan 27, 2023 11:45PM in Ask A Guru 6 comments

Hello,

We have recently moved inventory into an outside warehouse with the idea that NS via MRP in the Supply Planning Workbench would suggest transfer orders when safety stock levels were hit. For example

Total quantity on hand for Item A is 100

10 @ production location

90 @ warehouse location

Saftey stock level is 50.

I would expect MRP to suggest a planned transfer order of 40 from the Warehouse to the production location. That is not happening. Instead MRP is suggesting a PO for Item A.

In speaking with a NS ACS they suggested enabling Distribution networks, I did that but it appears the item replenishment methods must be set for time-phased in order for that to work.. We use MRP. Can any one help me out with this one as I'm stumped now. Seems crazy that MRP wouldn't suggest planned transfer orders from an outside warehouse.

Tagged:

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!

Leaderboard

Community Whiz

Quarter 1 (Jan-Mar 2024)

This Week's Leaders

This Month's Leaders

All Time Leaders