Hi everyone,
I’m integrating Delta Sharing Connect with Oracle Analytics / NSAW, and the Delta Share connection behavior seems inconsistent with what NSAW is supposed to support. I’m hoping for some clarification or guidance.
What I’m Doing
I’m connecting to a 3rd party application to get data into NSAW using:
Connection Type: Delta Share (Bearer Token)
Authentication: Bearer token from application
Delta Sharing Server URL:
https://nvirginia.cloud.databricks.com/api/2.0/delta-sharing/metastores/a…
This URL clearly uses the Unity Catalog–based Delta Sharing format (notice the /metastores/<UUID> portion).
✅What Works
The connection saves successfully in NSAW
. NSAW loads the share, including:
Schema names
Table names
Column names
✅ There is no error on connection creation
✅ The credential works perfectly in Power BI, which loads data without issues.
❌ What Does NOT Work
When I create a dataset in NSAW:
All columns display “Missing or Null”
Preview grid shows no rows
When opening Edit Definition, no attributes appear at all
It appears as if NSAW can see the table metadata but cannot read the underlying Parquet data files
So, the connection is accepted, but data retrieval fails completely.
My Questions:
Does Oracle Analytics / NSAW currently support Unity Catalog–based Delta Sharing endpoints
that contain /metastores/<UUID>?
If not, does NSAW require the classic Delta Sharing endpoint (ending in /delta-sharing/) only?
Is the behavior I’m seeing —
schema loads but data does not load —
expected when using a Delta Share connect?
Should I request 3rd party application to generate a classic-style Delta Share credential?
Environment Details
NSAW Connection Type: Delta Share
Authentication: Bearer Token
Delta URL: Unity Catalog format (…/metastores/<UUID>)
Power BI: Works perfectly with the same token and URL
NSAW: Loads metadata only, no data rows
Any guidance from Oracle specialists would be extremely helpful, especially around Delta Sharing.
Thank you,