Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence
BI Publisher, First Time Setup, Report Server
I cannot find a clear guide to where I get the report server URL.
The URL I tried it with is: https://podurl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com:9704/xmlpserver/
I've done several variations of this, but nothing seems to work. Is the above URL the correct format? Is the port correct?
End the URL like this should do you
For example, your POD URL is: https://xxxx-dev1.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/
Then BI xmlpserver URL will be: https://xxxx-dev1.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/xmlpserver/
Hope this helps.
Thank you guys, I primarily wanted to confirm that the URL I have is correct. It may be a firewall issue on my end. I'l come back after we've verified whether or not it's the issue.
We attempted the connection off of our network to verify that the firewall were not the issue, and discovered the same error. I opened a Service Request and will update this thread if we get it working.
The URL's I have tried:
Oracle Support had the answer, or at least the link to it.
They directed me to this document: Cannot Access Xmlpserver Via Bi Publisher Plugin (Doc ID 2600862.1)
Here's the solution:
Permanent fix is being worked on, but the following workaround has been successful for some users:
1. Please make sure you are running Template Builder on Windows 10, or at least Windows 8
2. Close Microsoft Word if it is running.
3. Create a text file with the following content, and save it as "TLS12.reg".
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
4. Log in to Windows with user who has administrator privileges, double click "TLS12.reg" and answer yes to all the prompts. User should get the following message.
The keys and values contained in TLS12.reg have been successfully added to registry.
Please note that you may need to do the following: run CMD as Administrator > go the where TLS12.reg file is location > run regedit.exe S/ TLS12.reg
I did not have to do the above instruction.
5. Open Microsoft Word or Excel, navigate to BI Publisher menu and try to login.
After this I was able to login using the URL: https://[...].oraclecloud.com/xmlpserver
Hopefully this helps others.