Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence
OTBI performance recommendations paper (2679006.1) is available on MOS Portal
OTBI performance recommendations V2 doc is intended for OTBI system integrators, BI report developers and admins. It covers advanced performance tuning techniques in OTBI, OBIEE and RDBMS.
Oracle Fusion Transactional Business Intelligence Performance Recommendations (v2) DOC ID 2679006.1, has been published on My Oracle Support portal. This is the comprehensive compilation of technical recommendations to design, monitor, diagnose, troubleshoot various aspects of OTBI performance.
The latest version includes:
- revised OTBI performance recommendations contents, updated to cover OTBI Release 13.20A and later.
- self-service BI usage tracking, detailed diagnostic events analysis and guidelines (new)
- updated dashboard design recommendations
- revised dashboard prompt performance optimizations
- updated chapter for reports performance recommendations
- examples of functional report design changes leading to performance improvements (new)
- updated security predicates performance coverage
- OTBI performance guardrails (new)
- BICC performance guidelines (new)
- updated OTBI common error messages with recommendations / workarounds
We hope that you find the document useful in your OTBI performance optimization work. We welcome your feedback and inputs.
OTBI Performance Team
Is it a duplicate of
yes, it is - put the same post in all relevant forums.
Thanks for this - can you please provide us with the schema + table names required to access the OTBI Usage Tracking? A lot of us have waited a long long time for Fusion OTBI usage tracking and the table could be used in many ways (e.g. auditing what reports exist in different folders + get used, performance, irregular running of sensitive reports etc.). I have done audits for BIP usage tracking before which was good, but for the full picture, we need OTBI too.
OTBI Dev is working on delivering usage tracking subject area, that will need to be used for self-service reporting. OBIEE uses two tables are in FUSION_BIPLATFORM schema:
So, you can put together custom BIP reports to query them for your self-service monitoring.
We have delivered template BIP reports for self-service audit. Pls. refer to https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-publisher/downloads/index.html for more details and template audit reports. You can build more custom reports, querying bipublisher_v view in FUSION_IAU schema.