We have installed a marketplace version of OAS 2023, which we have found out runs on Linux 7.9, but we cannot find anywhere which versions the marketplace 2024 runs on.
Which version does it run on?
Best regards,
Kristian Berger Joergensen
Agree, I didn't have a moment to spin one up, and my last one is OAS 2023 It was not clear to me if they had an image deployed. Confirmed: OL 7.9
@Kristian B. Joergensen See my comment above, I confirmed OL 7.9
I am checking roadmap for OL 8
@Kristian B. Joergensen - It should be Oracle Linux 8, but I don't see any mention in the product documentation or in the product info when selected to deploy it. If you have access to an OAS instance, you can check the OS directly by logging into the instance using uname -a command.
@Kristian B. Joergensen
run the following command cat /etc/redhat-release
This will show which Linux Version you are in
To add:uname -a gives the kernel version. This command is linux vendor agnostic, and will output the release version and name, which will be Oracle Linux for OAS on OCI Marketplacecat /etc/*realease*
uname -a
cat /etc/*realease*
Not to be negative or not "appreciating" the 3 replies, but I'm quite sure Kristian wouldn't have asked if he had a marketplace OAS 2024 instance. Because just like he knows that his marketplace OAS 2023 instance is OL 7.9 (which is surprising knowing that OAS is certified on OL8 for some years, and OL7 is reaching end of life), he would know by himself what version of OS it would be running.
As the marketplace image is built by Oracle, there should be somebody, somewhere, knowing what OS it is based on.
My random guess is that it is, once again, OL 7.9. The very first marketplace release that was OAS 5.9 (released in 2021) was already based on OL 7.9. It does look like each release after that just replaced the binaries for OAS, while keeping everything else (FMW being the exact same since the very first release of OAS) and updating the patches.
@Gianni Ceresa, this is true. I also left a SR to Oracle for them to answer, which came back ambiguous - "Should be L7.9 or 8".
If someone are able to check with their marketplace version, it is greatly appreciated! Although it would be nice if Oracle knew this too.
Thank you!
For readers/searchers: Oracle Linux 8, or later, is still under evaluation for OAS MP Please check for an official Idea Lab request, then up-vote/comment, if one does not exist, then file a new request.
Description: Join the OCI Enterprise AI Product Management team for a deep dive into the latest product roadmap updates and upcoming innovations. During this webinar, we’ll cover key roadmap highlights, showcase product demos, and share insights into what’s ahead for OCI Enterprise AI. The session will conclude with a live…
Hi! I am looking for audit logging for Analytics objects, such as users creating, modifying, or deleting datasets, dataflows, schedules, etc. The traditional Presentation Services component provides such logging in domains/oas/servers/obips1/logs/auditjson.log, which contains audit information for catalog objects,…
I'm trying to index a Local Subject Area so I can use it in my AI Agent, however, I keep receiving the generic error below. Request status(500) : error = {"prefix":"DSS","code":50000,"message":"There was an unexpected error while processing this request. Please try again."}
it is observed that in OAC while using case statements the output is not expected.For example if we have a case statment like case when table1.column1=table2.column1 then 'yes' else 'No' end as Attribute1 Now if i use this attribute with a fact-amount column attribute 1|| Amount on a report then we dont get the aggregation…
Once I select that value from the list box Region I created, I want to filter the table by my selection. See the images