Every month we have to update dozens of filters in data flows. This would not be necessary if we could use parameters, or other stored variables, in the data flow. Please add functionality to allow parameters\ variables in data flows
Hello! I’m curious what your use case looks like — what kinds of filters are you updating in your Data Flows each month? Are these mostly date filters, or do they include other fields as well? @MJC
Hi! We have data flows that, in some cases, have a dozen branches. each branch is pulling data for either the current or prior month, so we have filter boxes embedded within each branch of the flow that we have to update every month. If we had a parameter for current month and prior month we could just enter those once and the flow would be updated. Does that make sense? I have screenshots I could email.
Why not store the month in a parameter table that is used by the data flow? Even with parameters, there needs to be a process that updates the parameter value periodically. Having a parameters table and possibly a data flow that updates the parameters might be useful. It will be great if you can share more details on your use case to see if it will be applicable or not.
Hi @Gabby Rubin-Oracle - you would have to explain that concept to me. I'm not sure how a data flow can reference a parameter table. I'm attaching a screenshot with a snip it of a data flow we update monthly. it would be great to only have to update a parameter for current month and prior month instead of going into each filter individually and updating them.
@MJC Looking into the use case. I assume your current month is not the system's current month, but rather a specific month you need to target.
@Gabby Rubin-Oracle this is typically updated on the first or second business day of a month (for example, September 3) for the prior month end accounting close. So some of the branches in the flow are for August (Aug-2025 period name) and some of the branches are for the prior month end close (Jul-2025).
We are having similar issue for our monthly PA-GL_Reconciliation due to different Start_Date/End_Dates of GL periods and PA Periods.
I am creating two tables in a freeform report and overlaying these tables to appear as one to the end user. I can hide the header titles by setting the font and highlight colour to the same as the background colour but it would be better if there was a functionality to disable the header row completely.
My organization needs a practical way to generate a comprehensive report listing all members—including both direct and inherited assignments—of every custom application role within the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Console’s Roles and Permissions area. Today, the only built‑in method is exporting one role at a time through…
Currently you are able to change the width of a field in a table or pivot table by dragging the border but there is no option to manually fix it to a set value e.g. 100px. Justification: I am creating a report with two tables in freeform and need the field widths to have the same size when I overlay one table on the other.…
Request for an enhancement to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Classic Analysis Selection Steps on measure suppression for a specific calculated member created through Selection Steps. This idea is opened based on the directions from oracle CEAL team, for more details please find the below service request. SR -…
Hi, We use a lot of Custom App Roles in OAC Console and It would be easier to have an API to manage the members of App Roles.