Oracle Business Intelligence

Products Banner

OBIEE Printable PDF

Received Response
Views
Comments

One of our users approached us with a request to change the behavior of the "Printable PDF" option.

When we choose "Printable PDF" from the dashboard level, we get a report that includes the Prompt values, along with any static text on the screen.

However, when we choose "Printable PDF" from the analysis level, we see nothing but the report itself.

Is there any way to customize the Print options so that we can see the Prompt values and other text when printing at the analysis level?

Thanks,

Dennis

Answers

• Just add the "Filters" view to the analysis?

• Dennis Hancy
    Dennis Hancy ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!  I didn't even know that option was available.

I gave that a try.  But it looks like it's only printing the filters on the analysis.  I think our users are hoping to print the dashboard prompts as well.

My guess is that since our prompts are on the dashboard level, that printing the analysis by itself would not know about the prompts.  I'll keep looking into this to see if there are other options to explore.

• Dennis Hancy wrote:...But it looks like it's only printing the filters on the analysis...

You print an analysis and the filter view show you all the filters applied to that analysis.

As you said: the prompts are on the page, not in the analysis, so you can't expect that printing the analysis will give you the prompts, for that you have to print the page instead.

And it make little or no sense to print all the prompts if they don't impact the analysis, that's where the filter view solve things as it shows you all the filters currently applied to the analysis.

• Gianni already said it, but i don't understand your point here

Dennis Hancy wrote:But it looks like it's only printing the filters on the analysis. I think our users are hoping to print the dashboard prompts as well.

The filters capture what's applied to an analysis. Why would you care about what other prompts on the page were set to if they do not impact the analysis itself?

If you have a "total revenue by products and years" analysis...why would you care about the dashboard prompt for shoesize if it isn't applied to the data displayed in the analysis?